Club vs International Football

Honest_Man#1

Club vs International Football  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

And the tartan army are as good as fans get, it's a good rule of thumb anybody who doesn't like them is an utter fanny, i would seriously doubt there is even one exception to that.

I voted for 'country' despite the tartan buffoons.  However, as I have supported Scotland over 6 decades and am an acknowledged P&B fanny, I get a free hit and have no problem in stating that the current coterie of Scotland fans are an utter embarrassment.

When you watch/support Scotland then you set aside club affiliation.  This was always the way.  No longer.  The current crop of tartan gonks now react negatively to a player wearing the Scotland jersey just because of his club.  We've seen this more than once.

I will continue to support Scotland.  I will also continue to despise a significant number of Scotland fans.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I voted for 'country' despite the tartan buffoons.  However, as I have supported Scotland over 6 decades and am an acknowledged P&B fanny, I get a free hit and have no problem in stating that the current coterie of Scotland fans are an utter embarrassment.

When you watch/support Scotland then you set aside club affiliation.  This was always the way.  No longer.  The current crop of tartan gonks now react negatively to a player wearing the Scotland jersey just because of his club.  We've seen this more than once.

I will continue to support Scotland.  I will also continue to despise a significant number of Scotland fans.

Perfect example.  Complete and utter fanny.  One for one.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Listen, m8, Ian Black should have been nowhere near a Scotland shirt at any time.

Get over it.

I don't get how you can care more about a team that plays every few months than one that plays at least once per week.

Don't get me wrong, I back Scotland and enjoy it when they do well but international football will always be a side-show to me.

8 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I don't get how you can care more about a team that plays every few months than one that plays at least once per week.

Don't get me wrong, I back Scotland and enjoy it when they do well but international football will always be a side-show to me.

Club football literally is a sideshow.  It's utterly weird and the very definition of parochial to care more about partick fucking thistle than your actual country.  That's a sign of mental derangement.

Clubs are just private businesses rangers got liquidated in 2012 that can't happen to Scotland (unless Ruth Davidson has her way) cause it's a fucking country not a daft wee business.

10 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Club football literally is a sideshow.  It's utterly weird and the very definition of parochial to care more about partick fucking thistle than your actual country.  That's a sign of mental derangement.

Clubs are just private businesses rangers got liquidated in 2012 that can't happen to Scotland (unless Ruth Davidson has her way) cause it's a fucking country not a daft wee business.

Then again the thread was started by a part time Ayr fan who day trips to the odd Middlesbrough game and pretends to suppport them more :lol:

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Then again the thread was started by a part time Ayr fan who day trips to the odd Middlesbrough game and pretends to suppport them more :lol:

Ooft. So seething about being found out on the PL thread and now resorting to going into other threads to have digs.

And I’m the one who’s apparently trying too hard...

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Ooft. So seething about being found out on the PL thread and now resorting to going into other threads to have digs.

And I’m the one who’s apparently trying too hard...

:lol: 

I chose Scotland winning the WC purely based on the fact that ICT won the SC in the recent past.

Ask me in 20 years time when we're in League One and my answer may change.

Club. I put much more into supporting my club and feel far more of a connection to them than Scotland. 

Each to their own though, I don't think anyone who thinks the opposite is a fanny and I would certainly enjoy myself if Scotland ever won the World Cup.

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 17:24, DrewDon said:

I'm usually a club over country guy, but Scotland winning the World Cup would just be utterly sensational. Aberdeen winning the Scottish Cup would be great, but, you know, it's the bloody World Cup.

I'm the same.

I follow Killie everywhere and do most Scotland games but if Killie were in Europe for example I'd cant he Scotland aways.

I've seen Killie win a couple of cups and I probably will again in my lifetime but Scotland winning the World Cup would be unreal. I've probably been to 40 odd Scotland away games since I started going in 2001 to aways and never even been to a major tournament so in this instance I'd go with Country.

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 00:42, The_Kincardine said:

Scotland fans used to sing the Sash in the Rangers end.

Give me the current fans over the gimps you stood with any day.

As for club affiliation, thank god we've not got selectors anymore picking mediocre Rangers players ahead of Lisbon Lions purely based on their bias.

Selective memory you have of your 6 decades watching Scotland. I blame old age.

20 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Nobody cares what you think.

Archived