Brown on Naismith - compliance officer?

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If you pursue the Dominic Ball line, you'll have to acknowledge that with Coulibaly offside and active, there should have been no penalty and therefore no possibility of a sending off.  

As it is, the officials on the field operating in real time, got it marginally, and understandably, wrong. The issue here concerns the decisions reached regarding the actions of three players, in the cold light of day, with footage to consider. 

The  ultimate Morelos and Naismith decisions are concerning and odd.  The Brown one is utterly inexplicable, and borderline sinister.

The fact coulibaly was offside doesn't take away from the fact that the referee for whatever reason failed to do his job when he awarded the penalty, and as a direct result dundee may well feel hard done by that a player who rightly should have been banned wasnt and played against them

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Kicking a player up the arse or smashing an elbow in a players face is different from pretending to fly a plane.
Image result for neil lennon airplane gif

Agreed - in the circumstances of an amazing match, in front of his own fans and without malice.  Thought getting pulled up for that was a bit harsh. They probably only took action because he was so far onto the pitch and he was already on probabtion with a ban suspended from the Killie outburst

The fact coulibaly was offside doesn't take away from the fact that the referee for whatever reason failed to do his job when he awarded the penalty, and as a direct result dundee may well feel hard done by that a player who rightly should have been banned wasnt and played against them

Hahahaha this is such a wild take

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

You're terribly selective - some might say self serving - with regard to the injustices that you see as mattering.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You're terribly selective - some might say self serving - with regard to the injustices that you see as mattering.

Okay then, if the linesman had spotted mckenna barging morelos the first time and called the refs attention, then morelos doesn't kick out the 2nd time and doesn't get sent off, 

2 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Okay then, if the linesman had spotted mckenna barging morelos the first time and called the refs attention, then morelos doesn't kick out the 2nd time and doesn't get sent off, 

If the referee had blown his whistle to start the match five seconds later than he did, then it would all have turned out differently.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If the referee had blown his whistle to start the match five seconds later than he did, then it would all have turned out differently.

I agree, but when people try defend the ref not sending ball off by saying there was an offside before it, while forgetting morelos was fouled twice before his kick out, then they are being terribly selective

10 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

The first one is a nothing incident, the second could merit some attention but it was immediately followed by Morelos kicking out. Your argument has to rely on the ref stopping the game for the first time McKenna shoulders Morelos, which not a single person has said was an offence. The second, sure, that could be debated, but not the first.

16 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Is that your retort to the accusation that you're being self servingly selective?

Because I've got to tell you that it's not denting my argument.

57 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is that your retort to the accusation that you're being self servingly selective?

Because I've got to tell you that it's not denting my argument.

No thats me saying what happens before a foul doesn't justify or give leeway to a ref not following the rules when he does give the foul

Both st mirren and dundee faced a player that should have been banned, why the outrage over one and not the other is beyond me

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

No thats me saying what happens before a foul doesn't justify or give leeway to a ref not following the rules when he does give the foul

Both st mirren and dundee faced a player that should have been banned, why the outrage over one and not the other is beyond me

Just to end your argument once and for all, Ball’s offence was a not a red card as he was not getting to the ball first, hence not an obvious goal scoring opportunity.  Therefore, he had every right to be playing against Dundee. There, knock it on the head for goodness sake.

6 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

I'm not outraged over either.

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Is that you agreeing with the Morelos' red? Because that's the only player I can see that we've faced that should have been banned.

Broonaldo elbows a hearts player.

Broonaldo gets off with it.

Celtic fans tweet 'cos of Sevco like'

P&Bers lap it up and blame Sevco, rather than demand answers from the SFA.

Broonaldo elbows a hearts player.
Broonaldo gets off with it.
Celtic fans tweet 'cos of Sevco like'
P&Bers lap it up and blame Sevco, rather than demand answers from the SFA.

Rangers get a man sent off for violent conduct justifiably

Red card gets rescinded ridiculously

Scott brown commits a crime

Rangers up in arms

Both sides wet the bed over conspiracies

Bennett post sarcastic nonsense that means nothing to anyone

Actually, there's one element to all of this that I think's been overlooked by the farce of the outcome. The games were on Saturday, the stooges met on Monday and the predictable whitewash was announced late Monday afternoon. This must be the first time in the history of Scottish football anything associated with Hampden has been carried out within the proper time frame. 

Archived