Brown on Naismith - compliance officer?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rangers hadn't had two players rightfully sent off this wouldn't be raised by their fans. They are so transparent when they are riled - and they are riled almost permanently.

Should it be looked at? Yeah, why not, if there is something in it. There is absolutely no way you can tell from that hilariously bad camera phone capture, mind.

I think with the VAR at the WC a lot of what we would consider physical contact on the field is under the spotlight, which in the absence of such a system will simply revolve around idiots on twitter flooding in requests to check this and that.

4 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

If Rangers hadn't had two players rightfully sent off this wouldn't be raised by their fans. They are so transparent when they are riled - and they are riled almost permanently.

Should it be looked at? Yeah, why not, if there is something in it. There is absolutely no way you can tell from that hilariously bad camera phone capture, mind.

I think with the VAR at the WC a lot of what we would consider physical contact on the field is under the spotlight, which in the absence of such a system will simply revolve around idiots on twitter flooding in requests to check this and that.

I've a feeling that viciously elbowing someone in the face, off the ball, in  a Hearts v Celtic fixture might still be an issue, regardless of what's happening with Rangers.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've a feeling that viciously elbowing someone in the face, off the ball, in  Hearts v Celtic fixture might still be an issue, regardless of what's happening with Rangers.

I addressed two issues, one being whether it should be investigated, and I'm guessing we both agree on that. It should, but certainly not based on that scrappy phone footage.

As for the Rangers fans, that's a different issue and one where they have history. There is a section of the Rangers support so permanently wound up that they cry like petulant children about every single fucking thing.

12 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I addressed two issues, one being whether it should be investigated, and I'm guessing we both agree on that. It should, but certainly not based on that scrappy phone footage.

As for the Rangers fans, that's a different issue and one where they have history. There is a section of the Rangers support so permanently wound up that they cry like petulant children about every single fucking thing.

It was a Hearts fan who posted the original video on twitter. I would have had no idea it had even happened, due to no media coverage, if he hadn't kindly posted it.

11 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Is it not phone footage of already existing TV pictures though?

Either way, it looks pretty conclusive to me.

9 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Funny, id say theres a section of Scottish football permanently wound up regarding rangers, if matchday threads online and other social media are anything to go by the rest of scottish football cry about every single fucking thing regarding rangers 

The likes of the brown incident there, instead of saying "rangers fans are wound up" why don't the fans of other teams ask why he does get away with so many blatant rule breaks, if brown gets banned for that then thats potentially 3 opponents of celtic that play them without the celtic captain

St mirren fans moaned about morelos scoring yesterday, will fans moan that brown is available for the next 3 games, if they did maybe just maybe things would start to change 

Just now, Forest of Dean said:

It was a Hearts fan who posted the original video on twitter. I would have had no idea it had even happened, due to no media coverage, if he hadn't kindly posted it.

Yet it's a Rangers fan raising the issue on here?

I take your point but history is not on your side, Rangers fans have been known to trawl through games just to highlight the merest of infringement then drop to twitter to blanket out their message - normally helped by numerous zombie retweets.

Do it happen at different clubs? Sure of course it does. Does it happen to the same extent. Nope, nowhere near it.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is it not phone footage of already existing TV pictures though?

Either way, it looks pretty conclusive to me.

Indeed, it should be from the actual footage, not some wallopper on twitter and his iPhone.

Just now, 54_and_counting said:

St mirren fans moaned about morelos scoring yesterday, will fans moan that brown is available for the next 3 games, if they did maybe just maybe things would start to change 

I never took that as moaning, more commenting that Morelos was rightfully sent off yet because of the whining from Gerrard and his hilarious "they're pure all oot te get us" bullshit it somehow gets reduced allowing him to play and score. For a team that is so hard done to by the authorities they seem to get their way surprisingly often.

Just now, Buddist Monk said:

I never took that as moaning, more commenting that Morelos was rightfully sent off yet because of the whining from Gerrard and his hilarious "they're pure all oot te get us" bullshit it somehow gets reduced allowing him to play and score. For a team that is so hard done to by the authorities they seem to get their way surprisingly often.

If you think Morelos' one was a red then surely you'll agree that McGinn's 'tackle' on Coulibaly should have been a straight red too. No real attempt to play the ball and he actually hits with serious/dangerous force which makes it a more obvious red.

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

The likes of the brown incident there, instead of saying "rangers fans are wound up" why don't the fans of other teams ask why he does get away with so many blatant rule breaks

In fairness, a great many do.  The lenient treatment Scott Brown gets, is a recurring P&B theme.

Archived