Dumbarton -vs- Greenock Morton

Jan Vojáček

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In that episode of Dumbarton FC Kyle Hutton was played by 2007/08 Steven Gerrard, Ross Perry was played by peak Philip Lahm, Ryan Thomson was played by Mario Gomez nd Michael Paton was played by Jay-Jay Okocha.

The Morton right-back appears to be being played by Ross Perry. Bobby Barr is brutally murdering him.

Anyway, we've played some lovely stuff and we only conceded when we suddenly decided to play with nine at the back.

Still all to play for, but I'm not only relieved but pleased with what I'm watching. 

That goal meant the world to Beany :wub:

1 minute ago, AyrshireTon said:

Russell looked offside - would like to see that again.

Other than that the scoreline flatters us somewhat. The goal means McKinnon probably won’t make any changes at the break.

Only by about three yards, aye.

We're certainly flattered by the scoreline though, we could have no complaints if Dumbarton were three or four up here.

That was great tonight. Exactly the sort of reaction I was hoping for. Who'd have thought that two natural wingers and a little and large striking duo would work?

Big ups to Ryan 'The Ginger Action Man' Thomson. Smashing first half up top, then a solid second at the back. Big Ross Perry too. He's like a blunt object that just bludgeons everything in front of him. That catches him out a lot, but it shows why he's far better at CB. Grant Adam's best game for us by some distance as well.

Bobby Barr was the best player on the pitch by some distance though. The fact he's an absolute wind-up merchant is superb.

Think we’d have cantered that had our full team been out. Definitely deserved something out the game after the second half but the first half was abysmal from our perspective. 

Get Robert Thomson in the sea. A shadow of the player we signed from Dumbarton. 

A surprisingly good performance tonight, even if we did tire towards the end. I thought Russell and Paton were excellent. Special mention to Thomson who looks like the type of guy who will do a job anywhere on the park. Bobby Barr was the best player on the park and absolutely murdered that young right back. He should be straight into the team on Saturday.

The only negative for me was Loy when he came on. I get that he isn't a target man and I get that he doesn't win much in the air but it would be nice to see him at least challenging for the ball sometimes. Based on what I seen tonight I'd seriously be considering starting Beany over him at the weekend.

Would rather we just forfeited our place in the competition rather than bothering with a tie we gave so little regard to that we made 11 changes when we don't have even a game this Saturday to rest players for.

Currently it's just a minor annoyance that I wasted an evening watching the youth team when 'rotation' is supposed to mean other first team players coming in, but if Dumbarton get a Welsh or Irish trip this will turn into genuine seethe.

Archived