Dumbarton -vs- Greenock Morton

Jan Vojáček

I guess the lack of a thread shows how little anybody cares about this.

Anyway entry is cheap and it's probably not the worst way to spend your Tuesday evening. Especially if Chris Millar plays any part :wub:

For us I'd like to see Jamie McGowan handed a chance. He won't want to spend another season on the bench, and Grant Adam certainly hasn't looked undroppable. I'd also start Beany and big Ryan Thomson, who has been really unlucky not have enjoyed more game-time. I'd be tempted to move Dowie out to right-back too, with Perry moving inside (assuming Andy Little's still out) too.

39083387_649312898775591_1227790760330395648_n.thumb.jpg.991ce3edb60b15a9acad39b78498ee3c.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would've probably been up for this game if we hadn't just been sworded by Forfar.  Good prices though and I have very little in the way of a life during the week so I'll no doubt pop along.

Thomson should start in midfield, you can drop any of the 4 who started on Saturday (hopefully Kyle Hutton).  I would play Loy purely for the fact that he's not fit and the quicker he is the better for all. I would like to see a much more simple 4-4-2 than we've been playing. Play Thomson in the middle with Carswell, any 2 of Paton/Forbes/Barr out wide and Loy with someone else up front (preferably Little). 

Hope we see a few changes in the team for this and a couple of players rested. I'd like us to make a real go of this competition for once.

Gaston

Tumilty Waddell Buchanan McKeown

McAllister Tidser

Oliver Telfer MacLean

Bell

Millar out for a rest. McHugh dropped as he's useless and interested to see how Bell gets on. Would expect Tiffoney will make an appearance at some point along with Robert Thomson. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'd like to see:

McGowan

Little -- Barr -- Dowie -- Dyer

Paton -- Thomson -- Carswell -- Forbes

Loy -- Russell

We will see:

Adam

Perry -- C. Barr -- Dowie -- Dyer

Hutton -- Carswell

Forbes -- Paton -- B. Barr

Loy

What you will see is

Adam

Perry C Barr Hutton Carswell Forbes Paton B Barr Dowie Dyer

Loy

McKinnon confirmed in his post-match interview against Alloa that he will be rotating for the match tonight. I'd go with the following;

Gaston

Tumilty Waddell Buchanan Iredale

McAlister K Thomson

Tidser

Telfer                                                Bell

Oliver

1 minute ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Straight to pens?

It seems like it does now, aye. Was announced at the same time as the English diddies based on my quick Google search.

That's a relief. The last thing we need is another half an hour before Saturday. Makes it more likely that we'll play for penalties though unfortunately.

56 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

McKinnon confirmed in his post-match interview against Alloa that he will be rotating for the match tonight. I'd go with the following;

Gaston

Tumilty Waddell Buchanan Iredale

McAlister K Thomson

Tidser

Telfer                                                Bell

Oliver

Said Tiff will be involved so you would imagine he might start so Ray can have a good look at him.

I'll guess.

Gaston.

Tumilty Waddell Buchanan Iredale.

Oliver    Telfer     Tidser         Tiff

Thomson   Bell. 

We haven't really seen 442 with Ray but think he will do all he can to give Gaston,  Oliver, Bell, Thomson, Iredale and Tiff run outs and that seems the best formation to do that. Could easily be a 4231 i guess with Tidser and Telfer sitting behind  Oliver, Bell and Tiff with Thomson up top.

You would imagine he would want to give Kyle Thomson a game too, but he is nowhere to be seen!

Think regardless of the team we put out, it should have enough about them to win the game.

Archived