Strikers coming through

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Hornby gets 3 from 8 in the Abroad League having been dumped from the EPL = superstar

McBurnie has 2 from 5 starts and 7 sub appearances following a £20m move to the EPL = dud

You lot are weird

If you mash together everyone's opinions then it will be weird.

I have hopes for McBurnie given he could potentially be an EPL regular within this season, and for Hornsby because he's gone to a good level to get games (think someone dig out the stats that Belgian top flight is ranked significantly higher than the SPFL Prem, but below the EPL) instead of fannying around in Everton U23s. I'm always naturally hopeful for players around his age. Dunno what there is to get offended by in that mix.

9 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
17 hours ago, Dele said:
Dundee turned down that boy Aitchison in the summer apparently. 

Hardly surprising after 1 absolute honker of a loan spell in League 1 and a fairly average time in the Championship with Alloa.

Would fit in Dundee perfectly with those stats the way they are going. He didn't have a ‘honker’ of a loan spell in League 1 though if you ask Dumbarton fans on here which I did at the time, played a few games and looked decent enough but terminated his loan deal early, then moved a league up in the next window. Anyway as I said previously in this thread I wouldn't be keeping an eye in him as an out and out striker now since he is allegedly an attacking midfielder now.

37 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

If only there was a Dumbarton fan on this thread you could reply to...

Ah ffs don't see the club supported on the mobile version! I can only recall what Dumbarton fans were saying at the time and were bemused to why he left. Im guessing it wasn't that much of a ‘honker’ though if he then moved a league up.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Ah ffs don't see the club supported on the mobile version! I can only recall what Dumbarton fans were saying at the time and were bemused to why he left. Im guessing it wasn't that much of a ‘honker’ though if he then moved a league up.

I'm sure he just vanished from Dumbarton at some point with no explanation given, before popping up in the Celtic youth teams every so often. 

• 2 months later...
After a good start, Horn(s)by appears to have vanished off the radar at KV Kortrijk. Not even on the bench tonight. Highly disappointing.

Honestly, I think a Kevin Kyle type career beckons for that guy. I just don’t see it at all.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Honestly, I think a Kevin Kyle type career beckons for that guy. I just don’t see it at all.

When I watched a few of the u21 games I thought he really looked like a player tbh.

Just his physical attributes alone gave him a good chance. Also looked technically a good player. Hopefully he can get back on track.

Or maybe he's gash and I know nothing, which is a big possibility.

• 1 month later...

Oli McBurnie comes across really badly in a Daily Record article today.

Proudly boasts he, and Allan McGregor, spent a whole day drinking when in Dubai for a Summer training camp with their respective teams, and how completely "fucked up" they got. 

He met Steven Gerrard the next day "with puke hanging out his nose".

It's really hard to like him.

Oli McBurnie comes across really badly in a Daily Record article today.
Proudly boasts he, and Allan McGregor, spent a whole day drinking when in Dubai for a Summer training camp with their respective teams, and how completely "fucked up" they got. 
He met Steven Gerrard the next day "with puke hanging out his nose".
It's really hard to like him.
I actually thought he came across quite well in the interview that was taken from tbh. I'm also sure he was on holiday at the end of the season rather than any sort of training camp.

• 4 weeks later...
3 of the 4 you mentioned don't play in those leagues.
1 does, as a winger.
So not one of them would even be eligible for this pointless stat.
Now now, don't let that get in the way of the chip on Marshmallo's shoulder.