Jump to content

Strikers coming through


Chimter-boys
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I might be a bellend on here sometimes, but at least I put out some good posts - certainly in comparison to the crap you spout and so I'd rather that to be honest than having to put up with Karlan Grant updates etc. 😁

Well why not bring a sensible debate, why not Grant? who do you suggest otherwise? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He’s also Scottish, so you were still talking absolute shite tbf. 

Did he not say he didn’t want to play for us on video?

edit: for the record, anyone who plays for us is Scottish. I’m not naive enough to believe someone born in England (for instance) who feels English is going to pick us over England. Why should they? I also believe it’s possible to feel two or more nationalities at once. It wasn’t a criticism, just an observation of the reality of being a smaller nation.

Edited by albagubrath
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, red23 said:

So your saying someone born in England and has lived their entire life in England is not English?

I’m saying that nationality is more complex than ‘you were born and lived in x, therefore you are x’

Perfectly possible for someone to be born and raised in England, and yet feel entirely Scottish. Or vice versa. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m saying that nationality is more complex than ‘you were born and lived in x, therefore you are x’

Perfectly possible for someone to be born and raised in England, and yet feel entirely Scottish. Or vice versa. 

Agreed to a certain extent.

So it's like Aiden McGeady and James McCarthy being Irish because they support Celtic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, red23 said:

So your saying someone born in England and has lived their entire life in England is not English?

I was born and bred in London and never once considered myself English.  Grew up with a Scottish accent.  Entire family is Scottish born.  Took decades of abuse from my mates for following Scotland.  Likely been to more Scotland games across the world than most others here.

Aye, I must be English though because you say so.

Edited by RobbieD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

I was born and bred in London and never once considered myself English.  Grew up with a Scottish accent.  Entire family is Scottish born.  Took decades of abuse from my mates for following Scotland.  Likely been to more Scotland games across the world than most others here.

Aye, I must be English though because you say so.

Part of you is English, can deny it if you want.

Edited by red23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing as he is now a StMirren player and the done thing is to tout your own players in this section, I wonder if Brophy has a chance of a call up? 

Been superb for us this season, looks back to his old self and is adding goals to his game. Scored a screamer today.

I didn't agree at the time when Clarke called him up initially, he probably still isn't international class but with Clarke having managed him I wonder if he is in his thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...