Strikers coming through

Perhaps I'm looking at wrong info, but when and for whom?
He played for Everton in the Europa League at the back end of last year. I'm not suggesting btw that that's enough to say he'll be a Scotland player within 2 years, although I don't think he'll be far off it from what I have seen and heard of him.

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

He played for Everton in the Europa League at the back end of last year. I'm not suggesting btw that that's enough to say he'll be a Scotland player within 2 years, although I don't think he'll be far off it from what I have seen and heard of him.

I stand corrected. I just didn't understand where all the excitement was coming from when he was unheard of before Toulon (a tournament at which he was good, but hardly bossing it).

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I stand corrected. I just didn't understand where all the excitement was coming from when he was unheard of before Toulon (a tournament at which he was good, but hardly bossing it).

I had heard of him!

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He was quite leggy in Toulon latterly but there was plenty of evidence he’ll be a proper player.

Just now, woof! said:

He was quite leggy in Toulon latterly but there was plenty of evidence he’ll be a proper player.

Again, I prefer not to try and make snap judgements on a player.  The guy's apparently been a midfielder all his life and has only in the last few of years been moved up front.  he will need to be pretty special to smash onto the senior scene and do enough to become a Scotland player in 2 years. I'm not saying he doesn't have potential, but lets just see how he gets on before we start lumping expectations on him.

41 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Again, I prefer not to try and make snap judgements on a player.  The guy's apparently been a midfielder all his life and has only in the last few of years been moved up front.  he will need to be pretty special to smash onto the senior scene and do enough to become a Scotland player in 2 years. I'm not saying he doesn't have potential, but lets just see how he gets on before we start lumping expectations on him.

A quick reminder the thread is called “Strikers coming through”.

1 minute ago, woof! said:

A quick reminder the thread is called “Strikers coming through”.

Yes, and people are mentioning players who are coming through such as Hornby - I have no qualms with that. Saying he'll be playing for Scotland in 2 years is a bit of a stretch though.