Strikers coming through

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

I didn't know Pressley had a son playing.

Obviously the key to having a son who is good at football is to play for Hearts, Falkirk and Rangers. Derek Ferguson and Davie Weir are also in that club. Mo Johnston letting the side down.

Weir's son is playing for englandshire

Does not count

I see Jack Harper just came back from his injury and is starting a game for the first time in over a year tonight.
That's two long term (knee?) injuries he's had now. Difficult to tell what will happen with him at Getafe. A long, long way from the Scotland squad anyway.

3 hours ago, charger29 said:

I see Jack Harper just came back from his injury and is starting a game for the first time in over a year tonight.
That's two long term (knee?) injuries he's had now. Difficult to tell what will happen with him at Getafe. A long, long way from the Scotland squad anyway.

He’s 25 in February.  The most depressing point about that, is I remember his name first being mentioned when he was 16. 

9 years and very little to show.  Hopefully, he’ll be able to kick on, a bit like Gauld has done.  There’s surely still a career at a decent level for him to have.

The Easter Road draw so no goals for either Nisbet or Shankland.

I am hoping Nisbet is not coming down with our current malaise of not taking our chances. Still reckoned by some supporters to be a really good all round forward. Shankland thought to be a penalty box striker not getting any service at the moment

Just now, craigkillie said:

Fraser Hornby still getting nowhere near the Reims team. Might be worth someone like Dunfermline or Raith Rovers sounding then out for a wee loan deal to get him a run of games.

Yeah its been a bit of a let down for him this season. Was hoping to see him do well. He's still young enough to come good tho.

Fraser Hornby still getting nowhere near the Reims team. Might be worth someone like Dunfermline or Raith Rovers sounding then out for a wee loan deal to get him a run of games.

Sounds like you're praising Hornsby's place near the Reims bench by dismissively swishing your cane and top hat towards the Scottish lower leagues.

But how can you possibly know how he's doing in that Abroad League if you've not been able to cast your eyes upon him (because he's not been playing)? [insert paradox gif here]

Not really a striker coming thru. But Leigh Griffiths, hes still a quality player. Why in the name of f**k can he not get himself fit enough to play more than 10/15 mins?

I've heard some rumours from rangers supporting pals that id take with a line of salt. But there nothing more than just rumours. What's the actual story? Does anyone know?

Not really a striker coming thru. But Leigh Griffiths, hes still a quality player. Why in the name of f**k can he not get himself fit enough to play more than 10/15 mins?
I've heard some rumours from rangers supporting pals that id take with a line of salt. But there nothing more than just rumours. What's the actual story? Does anyone know?
Dunno either, but if he's saying he can't get match for unless he starts games then he's as well going out on loan

Can you elaborate on these rumours?

I also heard once years ago, from an impeccable source.  George Burley, if you'll remember he left Southampton very suddenly right before the start of a season, when he'd been doing okay.

Well the story I heard was it was a pre-season game, and he went missing before kick-off.  Search party sent for him, he was found, and they were away from home it wasn't their ground, he was found passed out drunk on a table in the boardroom.  Sacked on the spot.  

All these things could be nonsense but come from decent sources, especially that one.

I also heard once years ago, from an impeccable source.  George Burley, if you'll remember he left Southampton very suddenly right before the start of a season, when he'd been doing okay.
Well the story I heard was it was a pre-season game, and he went missing before kick-off.  Search party sent for him, he was found, and they were away from home it wasn't their ground, he was found passed out drunk on a table in the boardroom.  Sacked on the spot.  
All these things could be nonsense but come from decent sources, especially that one.

Burley wasn't sacked by Southampton. He was still their manager when we appointed him - the SFA even paid them compensation.