Strikers coming through

I reckon mcburnie will take a few years to grow into international standard. He will struggle away without reward until finally scoring his first Scotland goal at age 25... at which point we'll instantly stop playing him because 'all he does is score goals'

13 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I reckon mcburnie will take a few years to grow into international standard. He will struggle away without reward until finally scoring his first Scotland goal at age 25... at which point we'll instantly stop playing him because 'all he does is score goals'

What happens when he moves from "all he does is score goals" to "doesn't even do that very much"?  Just wondering, if he's following the rest of the Jordan Rhodes blueprint

What happens when he moves from "all he does is score goals" to "doesn't even do that very much"?  Just wondering, if he's following the rest of the Jordan Rhodes blueprint
Then we bring him back in and pin all our hopes on him because there is nobody else left (i could actually see that happening to rhodes if Griffiths has any more injury problems)

Just now, Gordopolis said:
20 minutes ago, forameus said:

Then we bring him back in and pin all our hopes on him because there is nobody else left (i could actually see that happening to rhodes if Griffiths has any more injury problems)

Nah, think he's done.  I was a big fan of his when he was in Stage 2* of his Scotland career, but whenever he's been involved for us he hasn't offered anywhere near enough.  Not entirely his fault, as I don't think we necessarily play to his strengths (not that we have the players to do so either).  

* Stage 1: Player not involved, massive calls for him to be involved, hype builds
Stage 2: Player starts getting involved, looks like he might be an answer, if not the answer
Stage 3: Things start to go sour
Stage 4: Proclaimed as shite, neverhasbeen, neverwillbe, usually while looking longingly at the next player reaching stage 1.

Nah, think he's done.  I was a big fan of his when he was in Stage 2* of his Scotland career, but whenever he's been involved for us he hasn't offered anywhere near enough.  Not entirely his fault, as I don't think we necessarily play to his strengths (not that we have the players to do so either).  

* Stage 1: Player not involved, massive calls for him to be involved, hype builds
Stage 2: Player starts getting involved, looks like he might be an answer, if not the answer
Stage 4: Proclaimed as shite, neverhasbeen, neverwillbe, usually while looking longingly at the next player reaching stage 1.

Yeah i agree with that tbh. I just think itd be typical for us to turn to him in desperation now when he's at mediocre o'clock career wise (and closing in on 29).

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Some will have you believe that the best player's always the one who misses out on the squad.