Strikers coming through

We should maybe stop thinking about where the next superstar is coming from and start asking why the likes of Waled and Northern Ireland (in recent years) can put out teams of absolute jobbers and still outperform us. We don't have a superstar coming through. We don't even seem to have an improvement on what we have now coming through. So where's a David Healy or a Hal Robson Kanu? Or how can we make someone shite into one? Because if we had a chance like that 95th minute goal they scored tonight, would you back anyone in our squad to score regularly? 

I would strongly dispute that Northern Ireland outperform us.

Dykes has already scored more international goals than Hal Robson-Kanu in less than half the games.

I would say that Adams’ goal vs Denmark would be comparable to Ukraine’s third against us also.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Ill be honest in that I've not watched the guy play recently.

But Mcburnie is equal too scorer in the Championship. The the 2nd lowest (by 1 min) minutes to goals ratio.

Fair while to our next game, but if he continues like this he's in the next squad.

Also in his favour he was cleared of the alleged stamping incident. He still has lots of other previous and is clearly a dick, but that makes him a bit less of a dick.

3 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Also in his favour he was cleared of the alleged stamping incident. He still has lots of other previous and is clearly a dick, but that makes him a bit less of a dick.

Plenty of good strikers are/were dicks, if he can learn to use that to his advantage it might work in his favour.

On 01/12/2022 at 19:40, BingMcCrosby said:

Hes a long way from coming thru imminently, but 15 year old Lewis Pirie from Aberdeen has got a host of epl clubs apparently wanting him. Might be one to keep an eye on.

On the bench today against Celtic. Suggests to me they are trying to make the point to him that he is part of the plans there which would further lead me to guess the above interest is serious and he’s off.

Edited by albagubrath

3 hours ago, albagubrath said:

On the bench today against Celtic. Suggests to me they are trying to make the point to him that he is part of the plans there which would further lead me to guess the above interest is serious and he’s off.

If he's that close to first team action you would have to imagine sticking at abdn would be the best thing for him.

I know Ramsey is doing very well, but he's a fair bit younger.

6 hours ago, albagubrath said:

Looks like it was Alfie Bavidge (son of former Caley Thistle, Forfar and Peterhead striker Martin) on the bench, not Pirie. Bavidge is 16 and been scoring a shit load for the u18s.

44 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Looks like it was Alfie Bavidge (son of former Caley Thistle, Forfar and Peterhead striker Martin) on the bench, not Pirie. Bavidge is 16 and been scoring a shit load for the u18s.

Ah, apologies my mistake. Good to see a 16yo on the bench though, still promising.

22 hours ago, afca32 said:

Would have to be, cause you're not allowed to play in the Scottish prem until you're 16, so they're hardly going to have a 15 year old on the bench.

Watching the Everton game to see Patterson but also watching Anthony Gordon (Scottish qualified). Can’t say I’ve been hugely impressed tbh, but as an EPL level forward he probably would be in and around our first team.

Not good enough for England at this point I would say so worth a punt to see if he’s interested in Scotland.

7 hours ago, albagubrath said:

Watching the Everton game to see Patterson but also watching Anthony Gordon (Scottish qualified). Can’t say I’ve been hugely impressed tbh, but as an EPL level forward he probably would be in and around our first team.

Not good enough for England at this point I would say so worth a punt to see if he’s interested in Scotland.

Absolutely no way Gordon is signing up for us 

He reckons he will be England International and linked with Chelsea in summer so can't see him going for us for many years until lost all England hope 

Another goal for Stewart today. Up to 9 goals in 11 games in the Championship.

Along with the EPL clubs mentioned above he's being linked with the likes of Middlesbrough but with Simms recalled by Everton he's Sunderland's only fit proper striker so can't see him going anywhere unless it's for stupid money right now.