Strikers coming through

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

McCoist failed at Sunderland and Paterson has said he wants to play for Scotland also how do you know it would be for one cap?

Look at Andy Constidine he was a lot older and got more also Greer came in late on his career played loads off games

Watt hasn't been in the squad for three seasons he wasn't near for a reason

And if we want to talk about randoms Clarke tried to call up Ralston and he is still the same Ralston that wasn't good enough for Celtic last year now he is what a laugh that is

Mate, you’re in a hole, just stop digging.

I’m not sure that Northern Ireland calling up League One players is as compelling an argument as you think it is, given they’ve won one qualifying match this campaign.

And Will Grigg played a grand total of zero minutes of football in Euro 2016. He also played zero minutes in the qualifiers to get them there. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m not sure that Northern Ireland calling up League One players is as compelling an argument as you think it is, given they’ve won one qualifying match this campaign.

And Will Grigg played a grand total of zero minutes of football in Euro 2016. He also played zero minutes in the qualifiers to get them there. 

Okay stato since you so happy to do the research and statistics give me all the other league one players that were in the Euro squad qualfing for that year

We are talking a one off game against Moldova the hundredth and something ranked team in the world here cos skippy is injured 

Also forwards thrive on the conference of scoring goals everyone in here want to slate most off the names I've mentioned mostly 

And yet can't come up with any better alternatives its a jungle in here so many wee provincial supporters hoping there nan gets in

1 minute ago, General dissaray said:

Okay stato since you so happy to do the research and statistics give me all the other league one players that were in the Euro squad qualfing for that year

We are talking a one off game against Moldova the hundredth and something ranked team in the world here cos skippy is injured 

Also forwards thrive on the conference of scoring goals everyone in here want to slate most off the names I've mentioned mostly 

And yet can't come up with any better alternatives its a jungle in here so many wee provincial supporters hoping there nan gets in

Nah, you're alright Dryhorce.

Is that right? And they had that song about him.and everything! Mad!

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:
4 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is that right? And they had that song about him.and everything! Mad!

Aye, he was on the bench a lot but his only caps in that time were in friendlies against us, Qatar and Belarus. 

On 28/10/2021 at 11:24, Les Cabbage said:

The whole team is playing a lot worse but he epitomises it, in all honesty, he was brilliant for 6 months, adequate between his strop of not getting his move and the summer and then shite from summer-now.

Whether it’s effort, form, overall quality of the performances being lower, I don’t know, we haven’t really changed much personnel around him though.

Doidge being injured probably isn’t helping but it’s such a drop off it’s unreal.

One thing I'd say about this is that I haven't really seen much in the way of complaints about him until Hibs have gone on a run of four straight defeats at which point it's normal procedure amongst fans is to sharpen the knives and look for a culprit. That said I'm no Hibs fan and so maybe there have been fans pissed off with him earlier in the season when results were better.

Heat maps are great, but they don't give you a full picture and seem to focus on places where a player has touched the ball or made a tackle or something like that.

image.png.48b9be0aadb218f262ad557be70825bf.png

image.png.168e5b6abd552a9f7c7364110392ed73.png

It won't really show if he is making runs into the box or peeling off a marker at a corner creating space for another player to go and score for example.

7 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:
23 hours ago, General dissaray said:
Lol there nan gets in typo but shades off match off the day thread on any Scotland related threads by the Nijels 

The word you want is "of" this has been driving me fucking mental

I am dyslexic block me if you hate my spelling I'm easy ousy job done 

17 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

Steve Clarke was at the Fulham vs West Brom game today. I know they are one of his former clubs but a weird choice this close to a game unless he was watching Matt Phillips and/or Karlan Grant (both who started)

Alex Mowatt maybe Snoddy bound to be in his ear they were at Leeds together as well

Steve Clarke was at the Fulham vs West Brom game today. I know they are one of his former clubs but a weird choice this close to a game unless he was watching Matt Phillips and/or Karlan Grant (both who started)
Would rather Grant (younger and on the up) than Phillips (hapless on all but one of his sixteen caps).

7 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

He lives in West London

15 hours ago, General dissaray said:

Alex Mowatt maybe Snoddy bound to be in his ear they were at Leeds together as well

Cairney on the Fulham bench too, fair bit of Scottish involvement in the match though I don't think Mowatt played.

Be very interesting if he's had more conversations with Grant.