Strikers coming through

He’s been nothing short of a shambles this season, I posted the below in the Hibs  Celtic thread;

Would definitely be looking at Dykes, Adams and Russell ahead of him, if we need a 4th striker with Dykes’ suspension, Tony Watt is the man, not having the Ross Stewart/Ryan Hardie chat, both scored less goals than Cole Stockton in the same league this season, for anyone unaware of him he scored 0 in 15 games at Hearts and was let go after 6 months.

13 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Nisbet shouldn’t be in the next squad. 

23 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

He’s been nothing short of a shambles this season, I posted the below in the Hibs  Celtic thread;

What's do you guys think the issue with Kevin Nisbet? Has he stopped giving 100%? Is he just going through a patch where things aren't going for him? or has something changed in the team that has changed his game? or something else? 

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

What's do you guys think the issue with Kevin Nisbet? Has he stopped giving 100%? Is he just going through a patch where things aren't going for him? or has something changed in the team that has changed his game? or something else? 

The whole team is playing a lot worse but he epitomises it, in all honesty, he was brilliant for 6 months, adequate between his strop of not getting his move and the summer and then shite from summer-now.

Whether it’s effort, form, overall quality of the performances being lower, I don’t know, we haven’t really changed much personnel around him though.

Doidge being injured probably isn’t helping but it’s such a drop off it’s unreal.

When I was at the Hibs-Dundee United game a couple of weeks ago, some guy behind me kept calling him a "pussy" and tbh who am I to disagree?

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Would definitely be looking at Dykes, Adams and Russell ahead of him, if we need a 4th striker with Dykes’ suspension, Tony Watt is the man, not having the Ross Stewart/Ryan Hardie chat, both scored less goals than Cole Stockton in the same league this season, for anyone unaware of him he scored 0 in 15 games at Hearts and was let go after 6 months.

definitely think that Russell is the third best striking option we have. I hope Clarke also thinks this and includes and promotes players based on form, not simply selecting players because they have been in the squad before and have done a job and/or are good for morale. 

I get the impression that Clarke goes by form - the dropping of Shankland would seem to confirm that - but wonder if bringing in a Russell or a Gauld or a Henderson may take him a bit out of his preferred squad parameters. 

(albeit Russell was in his earlier squads if I recall correctly)...

44 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The most endearing thing about Nisbet for Scotland so far has been is that he isn’t Mcburnie. I would be happy to have whoever is in form right now and Russel seems to be absolutely on fire.

aye very true. I pray we don't see a recall for McBurnie to "bolster" the striking options 

5 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Chris Martin

Sirki Dembele 

Callum Paterson 

Are both knocking in goals in the English championship at a better standard than the SPL so stick your Tony Watt pater straight in the bin

On 24/10/2021 at 17:18, Rodhull said:

Shankland got his first goal since moving to Belgium today I see.

Would like to see him come good over there,haven't saw his new team but they made Europa league 

So you would've imagined that he would be having the right service to create him chances 

I thought maybe Nisbet would have moved down south and Shankland would have replaced him at Hibs 

Nisbet stayed though and Shankland went to play abroad,if he was atbHibw though playing with Boyle he would have got just as many goals as Nisbet maybe even more

30 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Chris Martin

Sirki Dembele 

Callum Paterson 

Are both knocking in goals in the English championship at a better standard than the SPL so stick your Tony Watt pater straight in the bin

Why the need to be so aggressive when someone is merely suggesting an alternative?

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Why the need to be so aggressive when someone is merely suggesting an alternative?

Absolutely zero aggression here,why even try and suggest it?

I am happy for who ever gets called up and trust Stevie Clarkes judgement 

I just believe the standard in England is better there for if your doing well in EPL or championship for playing well and scoring goals you should be way ahead off someone playing in Scotland that isn't even getting Europa league football midweek