Strikers coming through

12 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

Brophy is a massive no from me.

No point in calling up players who aren't better who you currently have.  He's nowhere near as good as Dykes, Adams or Nisbet.

Aye he's not as good as Dykes or Adams, nowhere at that standard but with the form him and Nisbet are in just now I'd argue Brophy is performing better than him. 

Seeing as he is now a StMirren player and the done thing is to tout your own players in this section, I wonder if Brophy has a chance of a call up? 
Been superb for us this season, looks back to his old self and is adding goals to his game. Scored a screamer today.
I didn't agree at the time when Clarke called him up initially, he probably still isn't international class but with Clarke having managed him I wonder if he is in his thoughts.

He is a poor footballer and his decision making is woeful, but he's an absolute pest to play against and can make even the best of defenders uncomfortable. He's no worse than the English League 1 guys of a similar age being touted.

With Dykes out for Moldova there is a place for another striker in the next squad.
Brophy is as good a shout as anyone to get it. Clarke obviously knows him well and he’s in form and scoring in the top flight. Wouldn’t surprise me if he got the nod.
Other options I guess are Ross Stewart, Calum Paterson, McBurnie, and em… Griffiths?

32 minutes ago, Lex said:

With Dykes out for Moldova there is a place for another striker in the next squad.
Brophy is as good a shout as anyone to get it. Clarke obviously knows him well and he’s in form and scoring in the top flight. Wouldn’t surprise me if he got the nod.
Other options I guess are Ross Stewart, Calum Paterson, McBurnie, and em… Griffiths?

Brophy

As far as aware only man to be given 1 cap and subbed off at half time 

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

You can’t force an identity on somebody 

I've just binned anything remotely Scottish and my house, starting speaking with a cockney accent and put up the St George Cross above the fireplace.

12 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Aye he's not as good as Dykes or Adams, nowhere at that standard but with the form him and Nisbet are in just now I'd argue Brophy is performing better than him. 

11 hours ago, Lex said:

Have to factor in club bias here.

Edited by 2426255

18 hours ago, red23 said:

Well why not bring a sensible debate, why not Grant? who do you suggest otherwise? 

People don't have sensible debates on here, haven't you realised that yet? :lol: It's more fun to show people up like I have done succesfully with Bing and eez-eh. 

Edited by 2426255

15 hours ago, Lex said:

How is there a place in the squad available when Dykes is available for the Denmark game? Unless Adams or Nisbet get injured, either of them (or both) will play and Christie or Fraser will be the back up. 

Clarke isn’t likely to call up another striker as a back up for one game against the group minnows. His past history shows it.

55 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

How is there a place in the squad available when Dykes is available for the Denmark game? Unless Adams or Nisbet get injured, either of them (or both) will play and Christie or Fraser will be the back up. 

Clarke isn’t likely to call up another striker as a back up for one game against the group minnows. His past history shows it.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There are lots of places available in the squad if he wants to use them.

It's impossible to tell what Steve Clarke will do. It's so tough as Kevin Nisbet is currently out of form at Hibs, Lyndon Dykes is suspended for Moldova and currently Che Adams is injured for Southampton. Just have to wait and see with this. I could see it going either way.

20 hours ago, RobbieD said:

Brophy is a massive no from me.

No point in calling up players who aren't better who you currently have.  He's nowhere near as good as Dykes, Adams or Nisbet.

Obviously , but Dykes is unavailable for Moldova. We will need a/an ( another ) back up striker

31 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

Obviously , but Dykes is unavailable for Moldova. We will need a/an ( another ) back up striker

It's a double header

Same squad reckon

run with Adams and an attacking midfielder off him for Moldova 

Then back to Dykes Adams for Denmark 

21 hours ago, craigkillie said:

He is a poor footballer and his decision making is woeful, but he's an absolute pest to play against and can make even the best of defenders uncomfortable. He's no worse than the English League 1 guys of a similar age being touted.

Definitely beginning to hit his stride with us. 

Likes a ridiculous shot now and again but is capable of producing something out of nothing and as you say, is an absolute pest to play against. 

A big performance and a goal from him against Rangers next week might give Clarke something to think about.

Again not saying he should start ect but as an option in the squad he might have a sniff. 

I’d be surprised if we went to Moldova with only Adams and Nisbett available as recognised strikers. Fraser and Christie are a lot of things, but neither is a striker. A third option makes perfect sense and there’s no downside to taking one, even if they don’t feature. We will see.