Strikers coming through

32 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I might be a bellend on here sometimes, but at least I put out some good posts - certainly in comparison to the crap you spout and so I'd rather that to be honest than having to put up with Karlan Grant updates etc. 😁

Well why not bring a sensible debate, why not Grant? who do you suggest otherwise? 

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He’s also Scottish, so you were still talking absolute shite tbf. 

Did he not say he didn’t want to play for us on video?

edit: for the record, anyone who plays for us is Scottish. I’m not naive enough to believe someone born in England (for instance) who feels English is going to pick us over England. Why should they? I also believe it’s possible to feel two or more nationalities at once. It wasn’t a criticism, just an observation of the reality of being a smaller nation.

Edited by albagubrath

Just now, red23 said:

So your saying someone born in England and has lived their entire life in England is not English?

I’m saying that nationality is more complex than ‘you were born and lived in x, therefore you are x’

Perfectly possible for someone to be born and raised in England, and yet feel entirely Scottish. Or vice versa. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m saying that nationality is more complex than ‘you were born and lived in x, therefore you are x’

Perfectly possible for someone to be born and raised in England, and yet feel entirely Scottish. Or vice versa. 

Agreed to a certain extent.

So it's like Aiden McGeady and James McCarthy being Irish because they support Celtic?

3 hours ago, red23 said:

So your saying someone born in England and has lived their entire life in England is not English?

I was born and bred in London and never once considered myself English.  Grew up with a Scottish accent.  Entire family is Scottish born.  Took decades of abuse from my mates for following Scotland.  Likely been to more Scotland games across the world than most others here.

Aye, I must be English though because you say so.

Edited by RobbieD

19 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

I was born and bred in London and never once considered myself English.  Grew up with a Scottish accent.  Entire family is Scottish born.  Took decades of abuse from my mates for following Scotland.  Likely been to more Scotland games across the world than most others here.

Aye, I must be English though because you say so.

Part of you is English, can deny it if you want.

Edited by red23

Seeing as he is now a StMirren player and the done thing is to tout your own players in this section, I wonder if Brophy has a chance of a call up? 

Been superb for us this season, looks back to his old self and is adding goals to his game. Scored a screamer today.

I didn't agree at the time when Clarke called him up initially, he probably still isn't international class but with Clarke having managed him I wonder if he is in his thoughts.