Strikers coming through

On 23/10/2020 at 21:48, Grant228 said:

Whenever any news or footage pops up from Brentford B on my twitter feed, young Aaron Presley (18) son of Steven looks very decent, physical striker whos been scoring plenty, quite tall. Showed lots of promise, would be nice if he turned out good. 

With Forss and Toney being injured for tomorrow night Pressley should feature, potentially from the start. If Brentford weren't struggling for form and missing so many senior players through injury I'd say he was a guaranteed to start but Thomas Frank might not want to chuck so many youths in at once. 

Clarke's plans for the Euros in tatters.
Very good. Just a shame that he's unlikely to get anything out of his loan spell at Aberdeen now. Was hoping we'd get a chance to gauge how near or far he is from being of use to the full national squad. Going by his three full games in red he was pretty crap, but three games isn't really enough to judge a player. Still a "Striker coming through" tho.

Kyle Joseph from Wigan, who's been mentioned on here before. Is getting alot of media interest at the moment.

Apparently both old firm clubs, plus Arsenal and Tottenham are interested in him.

Honestly I've only seen his goals on YouTube so I cant really say if I think he's any good or not.

But he's a "striker coming through" for us. And we don't have many to talk about.

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Kyle Joseph from Wigan, who's been mentioned on here before. Is getting alot of media interest at the moment.

Apparently both old firm clubs, plus Arsenal and Tottenham are interested in him.

Honestly I've only seen his goals on YouTube so I cant really say if I think he's any good or not.

But he's a "striker coming through" for us. And we don't have many to talk about.

I see he hasn’t played since January. Has he been injured?

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

If Rangers and Celtic were genuinly keen he would signed a bosman in the window 

Paper talk pish as for the others he would end up a under 23 team player at best

Looks a decent prospect though from the little bits in peices I've saw of him but he is really raw

If the auld firm aren't keen Aberdeen Hearts Hibs should be looking 

Lad might be level headed and go play for a team that will use him and give him.game time there bigish clubs in decent Cities maybe Dundee Utd to could get him especially if Shankland earns a move after the Euroes 

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

Just now, Purple Bricks said:

I don't think you'd be happy at the direction of travel if Celtic's  punting Edouard and buying this chap.  

At a Scotland level if this lad is any good he'll not be far away from a call up.   There cannot be a top50 nation in the world with such slim pickings in the CF role.  

As a morton fan I'm not really concerned what celtic are doing.

If he goes anywhere I just hope its somewhere where he can play and develop.

The only other option we have is going back in for Che Adams. Who isn't really that good, but would probably be our best striker.

Griffiths is just about done, unfortunately. His 40 goal season at Celtic was back in the Ronny Deila era, over 5 years ago. Since then he's been in and out of the Celtic team and has been in the depths of personal problems too. He's not blasting in goals, and looks cumbersome and sluggish.

Despite all that, he's probably worth having in the Euros squad. Says more about our dearth of options than it does about Griffiths' standing.

P.S. Dykes has been decent overall for Scotland, and excellent in a couple of his caps. I'm concerned about his form at QPR too, but it could just be him transitioning to a new club, up a level and all that.

On 02/03/2021 at 10:55, Gordopolis said:

P.S. Dykes has been decent overall for Scotland, and excellent in a couple of his caps. I'm concerned about his form at QPR too, but it could just be him transitioning to a new club, up a level and all that.

"Dykes" is currently trending on twitter, and not in a good way.