Strikers coming through

4 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Remembered Gilmour about ten minutes into my turkey and sprout (and vino) fest. Yeah, he's probably ahead of Turnbull in terms of inclusion - a better all-round player even if in a slightly different position. Him instead of Jack maybe? That's a difficult call, as Jack did the business in the playoffs. It's an even tighter dilemma - which is actually a really encouraging thing I suppose.
Anyway, back to the food and bevvy for me (and then I'll remember some other quality player I've forgotten to mention).

P.S. I know we're not generally nice to each other here, but Merry Xmas, All. Hope everyone's having a good day emoji319.png

And to you.  I picture you as a very considerate lover.

On 24/12/2020 at 23:01, craigkillie said:

McLean ended up only being out for about 3 weeks - he's back in the Norwich team already.

I'm specifically asking people to discuss the Scotland squad, specifically to work out which players need to drop out as well as which ones would come in. It's easy to just list names who should be in there, that's probably roughly your level of discourse but isn't really interesting for the rest of us. Much more interesting is to discuss which players need to make way so that we can end up with the 23 we need.

Would prob still chuck McLean for Turnbull

The guy can change games

12 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Remembered Gilmour about ten minutes into my turkey and sprout (and vino) fest. Yeah, he's probably ahead of Turnbull in terms of inclusion - a better all-round player even if in a slightly different position. Him instead of Jack maybe? That's a difficult call, as Jack did the business in the playoffs. It's an even tighter dilemma - which is actually a really encouraging thing I suppose.
Anyway, back to the food and bevvy for me (and then I'll remember some other quality player I've forgotten to mention).

P.S. I know we're not generally nice to each other here, but Merry Xmas, All. Hope everyone's having a good day emoji319.png

If Gilmour had stayed at rangers he'd prob be starter for us by now

But he's barely playing at Chelsea

Despite lamps claiming he will get game time, he isn't featuring at all

They've had 6 games since he returned from injury - he's been in the squad for 5 of them and made 3 appearances. Folk just need to be a bit patient here, you don't suddenly just start playing every week for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, you have to work your way in.

Playing for Rangers right now might get him more minutes, but he's getting a much better education where he is. There's no guarantee he'd actually have been given a chance at Rangers either given their reluctance to pick youth players since they've been promoted.

1 hour ago, Binos said:

If Gilmour had stayed at rangers he'd prob be starter for us by now

I know Rangers are shite at bringing through youngsters, but I imagine he'd have too much talent to see him have to drop to Stirlings level.

I think Gilmour is exceptional and will surprise people by progressing a bit quicker than expected. He already is way ahead of schedule.

I think Lampard long term is looking at his first choice two being Gilmour and Rice. I think Jorginho will leave in the summer.  Gilmour will get chances, and do that well he'll gradually become more and more important, until he's a nailed on starter in about 18 months to two years from now.  

He should be aiming at 20 appearances this season and a place in the squad for the Euros.

• 3 weeks later...

Incidentally, if Scott Robinson was turning in the same performances and putting in the same numbers in the Polish league that he was for Livingston you could bet that folk would be touting him for the squad. He's probably a couple of levels below what we need ability-wise, but he's absolutely a perfect fit in terms of his aggression and game intelligence.

Incidentally, if Scott Robinson was turning in the same performances and putting in the same numbers in the Polish league that he was for Livingston you could bet that folk would be touting him for the squad. He's probably a couple of levels below what we need ability-wise, but he's absolutely a perfect fit in terms of his aggression and game intelligence.
If the league's abroad, he's in the squad
If the league's near me, get him in the sea

38 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Would they aye