Strikers coming through

Whenever any news or footage pops up from Brentford B on my twitter feed, young Aaron Presley (18) son of Steven looks very decent, physical striker whos been scoring plenty, quite tall. Showed lots of promise, would be nice if he turned out good. 

Whenever any news or footage pops up from Brentford B on my twitter feed, young Aaron Presley (18) son of Steven looks very decent, physical striker whos been scoring plenty, quite tall. Showed lots of promise, would be nice if he turned out good. 

I tried to look for it just there but couldn’t find it, however I remember reading a Kevin Phillips article in the Birmingham Mail about him when he was at Aston Villa, Phillips felt he had all the attributes to be a Villa First Team player for years to come. Not sure how he ended up at Brentford then, but over the last few years they have certainly nurtured a fair amount of young talent, so let’s hope so.

13 hours ago, Grant228 said:

After finding out Brentford B have a twitter account I can finally decide it’s acceptable to set up an insta account for my pet rock.

37 minutes ago, gannonball said:

After finding out Brentford B have a twitter account I can finally decide it’s acceptable to set up an insta account for my pet rock.

Brentford Fc have a twitter account, on this they tweet about there "B" side, much like how I'd imagine Celtic tweet about there youth sides. Not a hugely difficult concept. 

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I tried to look for it just there but couldn’t find it, however I remember reading a Kevin Phillips article in the Birmingham Mail about him when he was at Aston Villa, Phillips felt he had all the attributes to be a Villa First Team player for years to come. Not sure how he ended up at Brentford then, but over the last few years they have certainly nurtured a fair amount of young talent, so let’s hope so.

We'll probably sell him to Villa for 30 million in a few years, it's just the way of the world I suppose.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Brentford B 😫

In a thread titled "young strikers coming through" I'm not sure what you expect, Scottish strikers to be first team players by 12 banging in goals in the prem? 

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

rock ?    ( lobster )

coral ?

Edited by ewan14

Not sure if there was or wasn't. Hes one who should be being pursued if not.
Got to think that Dykes' success so far and our recent form would help sell it to the likes of Adams.

Crap that we should have to sell it at all but just the way it is in the current era

9 hours ago, ewan14 said:

Did Adams not turn us down ?

Obviously not because I am going to be awarded a " reddie "

McLeish approached him in Feb 19, and then said this...

Screenshot_20201026-074414_Chrome.thumb.jpg.414778d075161f4c888c2496b98921c9.jpg

And Steve Clarke talked about approaching him last year, before the breakthrough of Dykes, so I'd guess he maybe said similar to Clarke.

He'll be waiting on an England cap IMO.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

McLeish approached him in Feb 19, and then said this...

Screenshot_20201026-074414_Chrome.thumb.jpg.414778d075161f4c888c2496b98921c9.jpg

And Steve Clarke talked about approaching him last year, before the breakthrough of Dykes, so I'd guess he maybe said similar to Clarke.

He'll be waiting on an England cap IMO.

Cheers

It does look like a non starter

just like you tartan man

Edited by ewan14

Just noticed that Jack Aitchison left Celtic earlier this month to go to Barnsley... and they've put him straight out on loan to League Two Stevenage.

Pretty disappointing all round that he never broke through at Celtic. Still only 20 though, but not looking like he'll be troubling Lewandowski for the golden boot any time soon.

if we qualify for a euro and world cup campaign i imagine it'd be like Jamaica before world cup 1998 with players who were never interested before suddenly becoming available.

or more recently - Wales

Edited by red23

On 24/10/2020 at 20:30, Marshmallo said:

Assist for McBurnie tonight against one of the best teams in the world.

Not sure it's "Brentford B" levels, but an encouraging sign nonetheless!

Glad you've kept us in the loop with regards to McBurnie, he an up and coming striker? Reckon he'll do well?