3 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I never said he came up from England but he started at Arsenal

Stop trying to derail conversation to talk about Rangers

It's a Scotland page and as such the topics about Scotland

I have got behind Clarke

How ever the points that nobody seems to want to play for him

And I still maintain a respected English boss could

And we have appointed inexperienced managers befote

By that logic Advocaat was responsible for bringing Caniggia to Scotland, right?

13 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Karlan Grant and Che Adams. Both can play for us but I don't think either of them are very interested. Both represented England at youth level.

Karlan Grant has been shit hot in my Scotland save on FM.

Get him capped.

so in summary, as I understand it:

"current Scotland players don't respect Clarke. they would only respect a top English manager - not an Italian or any other nationality. Also the "top" English manager would ensure that those eligible English players deemed not good enough for the English u21s or those who have never come near a senior England cap after years of journeying through the football leagues, would switch their allegiances to Scotland,. We could fill a first team and half a squad with them and they would respect our English manager".

This is the type of strategic thinking that our SFA suits sadly lack. 

13 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

If a striker pulls out of this squad you could see Nisbett coming in.  An in-form striker with confidence is a wonderful thing, we could do worse.

He should already be in the squad.   This isn’t a brief spell of form, he’s being doing this season after season. 

On 24/05/2020 at 00:57, craigkillie said:

Shankland will score double figures in the Premiership next season and "Nisbet" will still be kicking about the Championship if that league even starts back up again.

This was a very bold shout. 

5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Same level as Shankland.  And Nisbet has done it in the premiership,  which shankland hasn’t really had enough games to prove himself in yet.

Im not knocking the guy, or Shankland. I'd have them both in the squad myself. Hopefully one or both of them can continue to do well and get a move to England where they progress further.

I only disagree with the fact hes proved his point already due to good records in the Scottish Lower leagues. For me that proves very little.

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Im not knocking the guy, or Shankland. I'd have them both in the squad myself. Hopefully one or both of them can continue to do well and get a move to England where they progress further.

I only disagree with the fact hes proved his point already due to good records in the Scottish Lower leagues. For me that proves very little.

His performances in the lower leagues became entirely relevant as soon as Clarke decided that shankland was worth calling up.