Strikers coming through

Kevin Nisbet is a better player all round than Shankland IMO. I've seen enough of both to determine that opinion. Shankland scores a few more goals, but I don't think he has the same intelligence as Nisbet. Nisbet can bully absolute fcuk out of any defender as well. 

I can't see us holding on to him for next season (whenever that happens) but someone is going to have to cough up a good bit of dough to take him away from EEP. 

Jealous because he pied your rabble to sign for Fife's massive

No, just seen enough of both to know you’re talking out your arse. Neither player are really good enough for Scotland though so it’s a moot point.

9 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Neither player are really good enough for Scotland though so it’s a moot point.

Yeah, the whole conversation is about up and coming strikers tbf m9. 

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Kevin Nisbet is a better player all round than Shankland IMO. I've seen enough of both to determine that opinion. Shankland scores a few more goals, but I don't think he has the same intelligence as Nisbet. Nisbet can bully absolute fcuk out of any defender as well. 

I can't see us holding on to him for next season (whenever that happens) but someone is going to have to cough up a good bit of dough to take him away from EEP. 

You saw “enough” of Shankland about 6 years ago. The idea that he’s just a penalty box striker often gets said on here by people who only see that he’s high up in the scoring charts. Anyone who’s paid the slightest bit of attention to him for the last few years will have seen him regularly bully defenders and link up excellently with whoever his strike partner is.

And I say that completely separately from any “debate” about whether he should be called up as there’s a huge jump between Scottish Championship level and international football, but the “he just scores goals” patter is a lazy cliche that gets trotted out by the typical football fan who doesn’t really have a clue but likes to try appear as if they’ve seen enough of everyone to be an expert.

20 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Not going to argue about who's the better player between Nisbet and Shankland but your argument is a bit incongruent. If Shankland is scoring more goals as more of a fox-in-the-box Gerd Muller style player who doesn't do anything but score goals that seems to indicate they are using their intelligence more by finding space away from defenders and anticipating not just passes but deflections, blocks and rebounds in a way that Kevin Nisbet doesn't do in order to score his goals. Not to say using strength or pace or whatever other aspects of his game Nisbet uses doesn't take intelligence but if Shankland is scoring as many goals without those obvious physical attributes surely the attribute he's using is his intelligence?

19 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Me irl opening the thread hoping for the latest on a Spanish fifth division player or someone playing college ball in Missouri and seeing dross about Scottish Championship diddies

I mean, I quite literally said it wasn’t intended as any justification for him being in the Scotland team, rather just correcting a post that was full of shite.

Carry on getting yourself all worked up though.

Edited by eez-eh

On 22/05/2020 at 12:12, DAFC. said:

Shankland will score double figures in the Premiership next season and "Nisbet" will still be kicking about the Championship if that league even starts back up again.

Shankland will score double figures in the Premiership next season and "Nisbet" will still be kicking about the Championship if that league even starts back up again.
Fair chance of that.
Not sure why Nisbet needs quotes tho. Sarcasm gone mad.