Dumbarton v Arbroath.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The very same one. Every club he joins the fans say "he can't be that bad" then he is. At least he's verified on twitter though. 

He was terrible against us last season. Surprised he found another league club if I’m honest

He was terrible against us last season. Surprised he found another league club if I’m honest
Nepotism is wonderful. I'd imagine he'll have worked with Durrant at Rangers who'd have put in a good word. He really is useless and I was delighted he signed for Dumbarton. What's just as surprising is that it's his second upward move after going from Clyde to Albion Rovers.

Nepotism is wonderful. I'd imagine he'll have worked with Durrant at Rangers who'd have put in a good word. He really is useless and I was delighted he signed for Dumbarton. What's just as surprising is that it's his second upward move after going from Clyde to Albion Rovers.
You seem weirdly obssessed with us signing Perry and I have no idea why it would leave you in a state of delight tbh.

As has been mentioned numerous times, he's backup. Not only that, he's being played out of position due to our 1st and 2nd choice right back being injured. We didn't lose the game because of Ross Perry and we wont lose the game this weekend because of Ross Perry. Based on the attributes I've seen so far he can actually do a job for us at centre back but he's never a right back, him having to be deployed there is no use to the team or him, it's quite clearly an unfortunate situation.

I'm sure if we could afford backup options that were just as good as Craig Barr and Andy Dowie we would sign them but we're working on a tight budget and the manager has decided that a strong starting 11 with minimal backup options is the route he wishes to take this season. Whether or not it works remains to be seen but any lack of success we have wont be down to Ross Perry being backup centre half.

Raith fans have remained reasonably interested in Ross Perry’s career as he was quite comically inept during his spell with us. His nadir coming in his final performance, where he managed to get himself sent off after 55 seconds against Livingston.

I was also chuffed Dumbarton signed him, because as a promotion rival, I reckon he’ll weaken your starting eleven any time he’s fielded.

In addition, with a pretty tiny squad, that will presumably pick up injuries and suspensions, there’s a fair chance he’ll accumulate a decent amount of appearances, most of which will involve him being bad and falling over, just like Saturday.

Not sure what’s so weird to be honest.

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Raith fans have remained reasonably interested in Ross Perry’s career as he was quite comically inept during his spell with us. His nadir coming in his final performance, where he managed to get himself sent off after 55 seconds against Livingston.

I was also chuffed Dumbarton signed him, because as a promotion rival, I reckon he’ll weaken your starting eleven any time he’s fielded.

In addition, with a pretty tiny squad, that will presumably pick up injuries and suspensions, there’s a fair chance he’ll accumulate a decent amount of appearances, most of which will involve him being bad and falling over, just like Saturday.

Not sure what’s so weird to be honest.

It's the whole remaining interested in a player who was shite for you that I find a bit strange to be honest. Yes, fans of shite players' former clubs will always enjoy having a wee laugh when the next team sign him, but this is now Perry's 5th club since playing for Raith Rovers and still some of your fans are jumping on every mention of his name.  Kevin Nisbet was shite for us, I had a wee chuckle when you signed him, but I genuinely have no interest in commenting on his every performance or following his career. Each to their own I suppose.

Anyway, moving away from Ross Perry - last night gave me a lot more hope going into this one.  I think a 4-4-2 with Bobby Barr and Paton wide suits us, Barr was the player we've seen rip us a new one on a few occasions last night and I'm glad we've finally seen that player.  I don't think we can be in any doubt that the management got the reaction required from the squad, it's now about keeping that momentum. On the basis of last night, Forbes and Loy need to fight for their place back, perhaps Calum Gallagher has some more competition too if Russell and Thomson keep up that level of performance. I'm delighted the guys usually on the bench are stepping up and we have some competition for places.  On that note, I'm a wee bit disappointed that we didn't give Jim McGowan a game last night over Adam.  We know what Adam is capable of now, how is McGowan supposed to show he's ready to step in if we don't use games like last night to give him game time?

One slightly worrying aspect for me is the teams fitness - last night it was very evident that we were knackered at 70 minutes.  We did well to see the game out (with a couple of hairy moments) but it emphasises the fact to me that we'll need to score when we're on top in games because we will inevitably tire and chances may dry up later in games.

It would be harsh for any of last nights team to be dropped on Saturday, but I would reckon Forbes will come into the team at the expense of someone.  That someone shouldn't be Bobby Barr, Paton or Iain Russell though and if it's at Ryan Thomson's expense he can count himself very unlucky. If Little is available I'd play him at right back too. Good that we've got an extra rest day over Arbroath, as I think our squad really needs it.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

For driving/car sharing.

Dumbarton fans, if you’re returning from Dundee/Perth do you go through Glasgow or the back roads from Stirling?

Personally I would go the Stirling road, there isn't too much time difference between the two routes but the Stirling road is about 15 miles less and you're less likely to hit traffic like you would on the M8 at Glasgow (especially on a Saturday).

Personally I would go the Stirling road, there isn't too much time difference between the two routes but the Stirling road is about 15 miles less and you're less likely to hit traffic like you would on the M8 at Glasgow (especially on a Saturday).

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

For driving/car sharing.

Dumbarton fans, if you’re returning from Dundee/Perth do you go through Glasgow or the back roads from Stirling?

Not much of a difference. I go (or rather am very kindly driven) back roads on the way, which is quite a nice drive and through Glasgow on the way back to stop for food.

For driving/car sharing.

I'm a Stirling road kinda guy but it's 6 and half a dozen really. Runrig are playing at Stirling Castle on Saturday and I think it's a fairly early start but I'm not sure how much that will impact the journey.

43 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I hope Aitken doesn’t bottle it and gives Beany and Bobby Barr deserved starts on Saturday.

I'd add Thomsons to that list. Whether that is at RB or up top. I think he was very effective in the first half and really solid at full back.

49 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I'd add Thomsons to that list. Whether that is at RB or up top. I think he was very effective in the first half and really solid at full back.

Yeah, since we know Hutton and Carswell are undroppable*, I wouldn’t massively object to the exact same team, with Little (if he’s fit) or Thomson at RB instead of Perry.

*my autocorrect was desperate to make this unstoppable :rolleyes:

Archived