Dumbarton v Arbroath.

9 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

With one minute left Ross Forbes ballooned a shot almost completely out of the ground; at that point the venom for SA was ready to pour forth.

Sixty seconds later the same player scored an equaliser and judging from the comments on here not only the scoreline changed but attitudes to a ragged Dumbarton display did too.

I'm all for backing my team but IMO Arbroath blew that big time yesterday, and whilst we came up with a joker card we won't get away with that too often.

Of course we currently have the double whammy of a small squad and our now obligatory injury crisis, but even so the games are passing by too many of our players.

Sure we are only three games in but already this looks to be a tough division and we should park wild 'give us the title now' patter pronto.

A lot of people are for giving SA time to get it right but it seems hes not up to it for whatever reason.We got out of jail yesterday so most fans have kept from pulling the knives out.As you correctly pointed out  the game seems to pass the players by and i dont see a real pattern of play..we look disjointed for most part.I hope SA can turn it round but as ive said im very doubtful, games  fill me with dread not optimism.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do love the passion of our fans, but with only one competitive defeat this season - I'm pretty sure Dick knows what he is doing.   The threads are dead all week after good results, then keyboards rattling at the max when we draw! 
Gav was clearing struggling early in the first half, so much so Goldie was stripped and ready to come on, but obviously was able to carry on for as long as he did.   I'd much rather the players are prevented from getting injured and the squad is utilised.   People were complaining last week certain players didn't even get on even though we won 3-1! You can't make it up!

Has it ever occurred to you that the subs people wanted last week, when we were drawing one each and looking for a goal, might not be the same they want when one nil up and defending a lead?

A lot of people are for giving SA time to get it right but it seems hes not up to it for whatever reason.We got out of jail yesterday so most fans have kept from pulling the knives out.As you correctly pointed out  the game seems to pass the players by and i dont see a real pattern of play..we look disjointed for most part.I hope SA can turn it round but as ive said im very doubtful, games  fill me with dread not optimism.

Arbroath had one shot on target yesterday so not quite sure how we 'got out of jail'

10 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Arbroath had one shot on target yesterday so not quite sure how we 'got out of jail'

I have to agree with you there. I'm actually a bit mystified by some of the comments  by our supporters. I've just watched the highlights and enjoyed it. Two teams trying to win a football match is something we're not particularly used to in recent seasons.  Last week was poor but there was a big improvement from our players yesterday. I thought  Paton in particular had  a great game.  Instead of celebrating the fact that we got a (IMHO) deserved equaliser late in the game we seem to have a prevailing "if that hadn't gone in" vibe.

I've even booked a seat for Brechin but I hear the bus may not run which would be a pity. Let's get behind the team.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Out of jail because we scored with the last kick of the game.As for 1 shot in goal thats not exactly true is it? despite what bbc stats may say.They had chances too but off target.My point is we are not playing well as a team...we are disjointed.

Lucky it’s just the SFA we’re taking it to and not the police, to be honest.

To be honest the police would chase you for wasting time. If the SFA have any sense (which is debatable) they’ll laugh. That’s if Arbroath are daft enough.

Out of jail because we scored with the last kick of the game.As for 1 shot in goal thats not exactly true is it? despite what bbc stats may say.They had chances too but off target.My point is we are not playing well as a team...we are disjointed.

In what way is the timing of a goal a definition of how a game has gone? The game lasts 90 minutes and I’d expect the team to keep trying. I’m convinced that some here would rather we hadn’t scored so they could have a better moan. We need more improvement sure but let’s keep the sackcloth and ashes in the store until the league begins to settle down and take. shape.

Regarding Grant Adam’s vicious assault on Omar Kader, I have it on good authority that we are not to worry about it, we’ll take it to the SFA on Monday.

Still as funny as it was when you came away with it yesterday. [emoji23]

23 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

In what way is the timing of a goal a definition of how a game has gone? The game lasts 90 minutes and I’d expect the team to keep trying. I’m convinced that some here would rather we hadn’t scored so they could have a better moan. We need more improvement sure but let’s keep the sackcloth and ashes in the store until the league begins to settle down and take. shape.

If you look at SA face during the interview he has a grin wider than a cheshire cat...he knows we got out of jail as the last second goal was totally avoidable from an Arbroath point of view.Yes we should have cool heads as we are only 3 games in but remember this is a manager who has been 3 years with us and a few of us on here  are starting to see a pattern evolving that does not hold much promise.Lots of huffing and puffing and disjointed play.The players put in a shift but i personally cant see a system of play.The alloa game on the last day at the rock showed that up totally.We had arguably a better squad but our tactics were ...well we didnt have any other than try to shitefest our way to a win.I can kinda see that creeping inhere in a league where we should be bossing games given what i believe is a better squad than most in this league.Vs EF and Forfar we didnt boss anything and we certainly didnt yesterday.I hope you can see what im driving at.I dont moan or take pleasure in it just for the sake of it.

Archived