Dumbarton v Arbroath.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Grant Adam seems to make opposition fans foam at the mouth without even trying. He's an average keeper but I'm massively intae that.

Because he is a nutter,seen him in plenty games  and he's the one foaming at the mouth in his goals looking like a man possessed for no reason whatsoever.

ETA I do actually think he is a decent keeper.

Went straight to the penalty incident and I can see why I didn’t remember it. It’s quite clearly not a penalty. Kader goes down anticipating contact (he might actually slip), but if there’s any contact it’s very, very minimal. You can tell from his reaction. If I was an Arbroath fan I’d be questioning why he didn’t get a shot away as he’s roasted Dyer and got himself in a great position.

Adam needs to tone it down mind you. I thought Kader tried to block his clearance, but he’s just wandering about looking sheepish. It’s certainly not “assault” or a “punch”, but Kader could easily have gone down holding his head and probably got a decision.

The contact between Adam and Kader is all caused by Adam, he's really lucky to get away scot free.  Where he helps himself is lumping the ball up the park right away, keeps the game live and doesn't give the ref time to think "what did I just see, actually?"

Hasn't been mentioned, but could Adam have been better with Linn's shot?  It's a cracking shot to be fair, but it's pretty central, near Adam, and as Linn meandered past a couple of (I can't call them tackles) , Adam should have had plenty time to be adjusting his positioning.

Lastly, when even the photographer can't take it any more...

image.png.73f900e905dbaeb9caee9f02c1a34f97.png

Wasnt at the game but judging by the highlights i thought the equaliser could have been avoided but overall probably a fair result.

The penalty incident is a bizarre one, looks like a stonewaller but he gets straight back up suggesting it wasnt? I also thought grant adam should have been at least booked for flattening him in the aftermath. Anywhere else on the field that would be a red card for an outfield player but goalkeepers seem to be untouchable when it comes to things like that.

10 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

I see Sons TV highlights are up.

Do any Dumbarton fans want to comment on 4:16 to 4:20?

At the match, I thought that Kader was clipped inside the box by the defender. The video at 4:16 hasn't changed my mind. I still think it's a penalty.

However, the referee (who was dreadful for both sides) didn't give it. Accordingly the ball is still in play.

At 4:19, Kader gets up and Adams hits him. Omar wasn't challenging for the ball or doing anything else to warrant the assault . My understanding of the laws is that that's a penalty too.

Does anyone disagree?

:lol:

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Hasn't been mentioned, but could Adam have been better with Linn's shot?  It's a cracking shot to be fair, but it's pretty central, near Adam, and as Linn meandered past a couple of (I can't call them tackles) , Adam should have had plenty time to be adjusting his positioning.

My Dad, who was at the game, said Adam should’ve saved it. Watching the highlights, I completely agree.

The equaliser is disappointing as it was a catalogue of errors. Ball given away when we had it up the park. A few poor challenges when the ball should have been put out for a throw allowing us to reorganise.

Still an excellent start to the season considering we are away 3 out of the first 4 games also. Would have happily accepted 7 points from out first 3 games.

Totally agree regarding Adam for the first goal. As soon as I seen it I thought he should be saving it but thought I'd wait on the highlights. It's by no means a bad effort and it has some power behind it but it's straight down his throat and he should be at least touching that over the bar IMO.

2 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Can only imagine the meltdown if the penalty incident was the other way round & Jamieson touched one of their players.

We were denied a far stronger penalty shout in the Challenge Cup final and there wasn't much of a meltdown. In fact I seem to remember our fans agreeing that we didn't deserve to win the game because we only had a single shot on target, and questioning the manager's substitutions. 

Blaming referees is tiresome. He had a poor game yesterday, but that wasn't the reason you guys didn't take all three points. 

We were denied a far stronger penalty shout in the Challenge Cup final and there wasn't much of a meltdown. In fact I seem to remember our fans agreeing that we didn't deserve to win the game because we only had a single shot on target, and questioning the manager's substitutions. 
Blaming referees is tiresome. He had a poor game yesterday, but that wasn't the reason you guys didn't take all three points. 

Obviously not, which makes it all the more frustrating, no idea what we were upto. The ref has just turned up the notch a bit

With one minute left Ross Forbes ballooned a shot almost completely out of the ground; at that point the venom for SA was ready to pour forth.

Sixty seconds later the same player scored an equaliser and judging from the comments on here not only the scoreline changed but attitudes to a ragged Dumbarton display did too.

I'm all for backing my team but IMO Arbroath blew that big time yesterday, and whilst we came up with a joker card we won't get away with that too often.

Of course we currently have the double whammy of a small squad and our now obligatory injury crisis, but even so the games are passing by too many of our players.

Sure we are only three games in but already this looks to be a tough division and we should park wild 'give us the title now' patter pronto.

Archived