Dumbarton v Arbroath.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Fair play to the guy behind me for his comment when Ross Forbes was about to come on. ‘Oh no, here comes another waster!’

And when he scored  I presume you turned round and said 'get it right fecking up you!' ??   :-)

9 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Fair play to the guy behind me for his comment when Ross Forbes was about to come on. ‘Oh no, here comes another waster!’

:lol:

I honestly think some folk are only happy when we lose, so they can grumble (even more than when we win).

IMG_1534625048.035051.jpg

IMG_1534625054.798135.jpg

IMG_1534625061.277116.jpg

There’s a neutrals view, the guy from the Terrace, amazing how Dumbarton fans can’t even remember that penalty claim.

I thought we were all over the place, dunno if it was the weather or what but the game was a mess. Wallace and McKenna had looked so good as a partnership up until today but there was nothing from them. Still much better than Dumbarton though, they’re slow, one dimensional and predictable. I think they’ll really struggle.

Referee was awful for both teams

I thought a point apiece was a fair result...according to the BBC...They had one shot on target in the game...and it was straight at Adam who has to save it

We actually should have scored more but happy enough with a point due to the lateness of the equaliser

I thought Arbroath were very streetwise....made fouls at the right time..clearly targeted Bobby Barr as a potential hot head and tag teamed on him trying to wind him up

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

IMG_1534625048.035051.jpg

IMG_1534625054.798135.jpg

IMG_1534625061.277116.jpg

There’s a neutrals view, the guy from the Terrace, amazing how Dumbarton fans can’t even remember that penalty claim.

I thought we were all over the place, dunno if it was the weather or what but the game was a mess. Wallace and McKenna had looked so good as a partnership up until today but there was nothing from them. Still much better than Dumbarton though, they’re slow, one dimensional and predictable. I think they’ll really struggle.

Agree, a fair description of the game. If Wallace had his shooting boots on today we would have been out of sight within the hour.

IMG_1534625048.035051.thumb.jpg.27c45af654cbb099f08a7fc966c65230.jpg

IMG_1534625054.798135.thumb.jpg.86312fb11bcffb4771f080c2f3fc53c1.jpg

IMG_1534625061.277116.thumb.jpg.6eaccf0400a2c791d37a0ce8dc323841.jpg

If you really want to believe that Arbroath were superior to us today then batter in. We were shite and Arbroath were equal in the shiteness stakes. A draw is a fair result and I'm just relieved we weren't up against a better side on the day. There was no stonewall penalty and the ref was as bad for the home team as he was for the away team.

There is no denying Arbroath are a decent outfit but to suggest they were superior today is laughable. As is the suggestion they outplayed us in the playoffs (did they even have a clear cut chance over both games?)

I always thought the Arbroath fans seemed quite deluded after the playoff games (claiming they were superior despite never really threatening) and today has enhaned that view.

We are slowly but surely getting closer to knowing our best team, although we are not there yet.

Hutton is pish and he’s making Carswell look bad too. I’m not using him as a scapegoat. He is always on his heels in midfield and hungry midfielders in this division beat him to every second ball. If we are going with 442 as I hope we are then Carswell should be pared next Ryan Thomson in Midfield. Carswell can then focus on breaking up play which he’s best at and Thomson can us his energy and Physicality to go box-to-box. For some reason I’m extremely confident he’d be a big success in that role.

In terms of strikers I’m a little worried about Loy because he just looks slow and Unfit still. I know his pre-season injury might have delayed that slightly but he’s a worse option than everyone else at the moment on current form. Next week I’d be happy to see anyone out of Russel, C Gal and Little start up top, in fact I know I said we need Thomson’s physicality in midfield but we could also do with it up front, it’s a shame we can’t duplicate him.

Ross Forbes gives Aitken a dilemma after today. Bobby Barr wasn’t at his best today but if you remove him then you remove all pace from the team. Paton was impressive and I wouldn’t drop him but I don’t think he or Forbes have the legs to play in a central midfield duo. Maybe due to their age and fitness issues it might be best to rotate them over the course of the season instead of shoe-horning them into the same team.

Also Dyer is Dyer, not brutal but not great will just have to get on with that. Just want Cammy Ballantine back so pure bad[emoji24] I reckon he’ll be our best player when he gets over his injury. Hope Barr’s injury isn’t to bad but we all know the score at Centre back.

Grant Adam has plenty moments of madness but at least he’s very alert and sharp off his line, don’t know if anyone else noticed this but I thought he appeared to have lost a fair amount of weight over the last few weeks which is a positive.

If you really want to believe that Arbroath were superior to us today then batter in. We were shite and Arbroath were equal in the shiteness stakes. A draw is a fair result and I'm just relieved we weren't up against a better side on the day. There was no stonewall penalty and the ref was as bad for the home team as he was for the away team.

There is no denying Arbroath are a decent outfit but to suggest they were superior today is laughable. As is the suggestion they outplayed us in the playoffs (did they even have a clear cut chance over both games?)

I always thought the Arbroath fans seemed quite deluded after the playoff games (claiming they were superior despite never really threatening) and today has enhaned that view.

You’re third paragraph is really quite something after your second paragraph. The play off games between us were basically identical to the play off game you had against Alloa, except we couldn’t find that goal Alloa did right at the death. It would’ve been exactly the same outcome.

I suppose we will see at the end of the season. [emoji4]

ETA: and that is a neutral, claiming a stone wall penalty. Not an Arbroath fan

You’re third paragraph is really quite something after your second paragraph. The play off games between us were basically identical to the play off game you had against Alloa, except we couldn’t find that goal Alloa did right at the death. It would’ve been exactly the same outcome.

I suppose we will see at the end of the season. [emoji4]
I'm not saying you wont finish above us but based on today's comments, and the comments after the playoffs you lot are quite clearly utterly deluded.

Alloa played us off the park in the 2nd playoff game, Arbroath were absolute dug meat across both games and lost a 2 legged playoff to the worst Sons team in a decade.

I'm not saying you wont finish above us but based on today's comments, and the comments after the playoffs you lot are quite clearly utterly deluded.

Alloa played us off the park in the 2nd playoff game, Arbroath were absolute dug meat across both games and lost a 2 legged playoff to the worst Sons team in a decade.

It’s not even worth replying if that’s your opinion, Arbroath were all over Dumbarton for 160 minutes of they play off games. A blind man could see it. And the worst Sons team in a decade is clearly this one, not last years

I like to think that I'm pretty good at being neutral. But I genuinely didn't know Arbroath had a strong penalty shout until I came on here. I'm more than happy to wait until SonsTV comes out to see it again though. 

Anyway, I think both our teams are extremely similar which is why the game ended up being a slog. Neither side has a great deal of pace and both have seriously strong centre-backs. Two moments of quality from the two most talented players on the pitch was always going to be the only way Dowie/Barr and Little/O'Brien were beaten.

What I would say is that Forfar looked better than anyone (ourselves, Arbroath and East Fife) in the final third. If we're basing predictions on what we've seen so far I'd fancy them to finish ahead of both of us.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s not even worth replying if that’s your opinion, Arbroath were all over Dumbarton for 160 minutes of they play off games. A blind man could see it. And the worst Sons team in a decade is clearly this one, not last years

^^^ 1320Lichtie in posting utterly deluded nonsense shocker

It’s amazing given how shockingly bad we are and how amazingly brilliant Arbroath are, that they haven’t managed a single win against us in the last three outings :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

^^^ 1320Lichtie in posting utterly deluded nonsense shocker

To be fair we have, in recent years, been promoted to the championship defeating Arbroath on the way in the play offs,  spending many fantastic years there, then defeated them a few months ago preventing them having any chance of promotion, then we score a last minute equaliser today. 

I think we need to cut him some slack ;-)

3 minutes ago, stu20vt said:

To be fair we have, in recent years, been promoted to the championship defeating Arbroath on the way in the play offs,  spending many fantastic years there, then defeated them a few months ago preventing them having any chance of promotion, then we score a last minute equaliser today. 

I think we need to cut him some slack ;-)

Ah, but they finished a whopping five points ahead of us in the league the first season, so that play-off win didn’t really count!

Then they even let Airdrie up instead of them. What a wee shame for them.

Archived