Dumbarton v Arbroath.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant Adam

Ryan Thomson Craig Barr Andy Dowie Willie Dyer

Michael Paton Stuart Carswell Ross Forbes Bobby Barr

Calum Gallagher Iain Russell

Would be fine with me. We'll start Hutton and Carsy together though and, to be fair, after their performance against Morton I can't really grumble about that. 

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Grant Adam

Would be fine with me. We'll start Hutton and Carsy together though and, to be fair, after their performance against Morton I can't really grumble about that. 

I'd like to see that too.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I think Aitken will revert to type and play for a 0-0. I reckon he'll go 4-2-3-1 with Loy up top.

56 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Grant Adam

I'd say it would be harsh to drop Hutton for Forbes, considering how disappointing Forbes has been in the last 2 games and Hutton's performance midweek.

3 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Grant Adam

I wouldn't be in a rush to shoehorn Forbes into the side. Hutton played well on Tuesday night and doesnt deserve to be dropped.

With us down to 14 players is there not a couple of decent amateur players out there who could fill up our bench without costing money. Does anyone remember our last fully amateur player? I am sure there have been a few over the years.

Josh Todd, perhaps. Although I’m not sure how that all worked out and if we ended up having to sign him normally and pay a fee.

I’m judging from this thread that we’re pretty confident that Dick knows his starting XI and that we mostly agree with him. [emoji57]

Think our only position up for grabs is right mid, denholm needs to find his mojo, kadar does a job but nothing spectacular. Think gold deserves to stay in the team so maybe give him a run out wide

2 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

With us down to 14 players is there not a couple of decent amateur players out there who could fill up our bench without costing money. Does anyone remember our last fully amateur player? I am sure there have been a few over the years.

In the old days we used to raid the Vale of Leven and play them as trialists for the game. I was with one Vale player on Saturday morning when Alex Wright phoned him (luckily he was at home - No mobile phones in those days) and asked if he was free to play that afternoon.

In the old days we used to raid the Vale of Leven and play them as trialists for the game. I was with one Vale player on Saturday morning when Alex Wright phoned him (luckily he was at home - No mobile phones in those days) and asked if he was free to play that afternoon.

Drew Checkley?

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
24 minutes ago, Howlin said:

Drew Checkley?

Somebody in the Vale had a phone ??? Holy Torpedo Factories.

No, he was from Dumbarton- he played for the Vale. Telephonic reception equipment surely can't have reached the Vale yet.

Archived