Dumbarton v Arbroath.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a Stirling road kinda guy but it's 6 and half a dozen really. Runrig are playing at Stirling Castle on Saturday and I think it's a fairly early start but I'm not sure how much that will impact the journey.
Runrig gates open at 1500 with the gig starting at 1730. Anyone coming to the game will likely be travelling in the opposite direction to most traffic. Although actually travelling through Stirling will be slow I'd imagine.

For driving/car sharing.

Dumbarton fans, if you’re returning from Dundee/Perth do you go through Glasgow or the back roads from Stirling?
I would go through Glasgow if any of your passengers get car sick....not a great road...pretty bendy

Runrig gates open at 1500 with the gig starting at 1730. Anyone coming to the game will likely be travelling in the opposite direction to most traffic. Although actually travelling through Stirling will be slow I'd imagine.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/drivers-warned-road-closures-ahead-13060639.amp

Avoid Stirling

2 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Am I the only poster on P&B who thinks Perry isn't all that bad?

Me too, most of the negativity is coming from his past endeavours and opinions of fans of his former clubs.

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Yeah, since we know Hutton and Carswell are undroppable*, I wouldn’t massively object to the exact same team, with Little (if he’s fit) or Thomson at RB instead of Perry.

*my autocorrect was desperate to make this unstoppable :rolleyes:

I don't actually have a problem with Carswell and Hutton. It is more important we play the right guys around them and that the whole team work hard enough for each other.

You get the feeling that Raith fans would be ecstatic if there was footage of Perry sharing a platform with Jeremy Corbyn....

Or indeed Jeremy Kyle. I get the feeling though, the Raith fans regard him more as a Jeremy Hunt..........

I hear that he keeps getting a club because of his fraternal connections. They don’t call him Perry Mason for nothing.

Or indeed Jeremy Kyle. I get the feeling though, the Raith fans regard him more as a Jeremy Hunt..........

I hear that he keeps getting a club because of his fraternal connections. They don’t call him Perry Mason for nothing.
And of course Prince wrote a song about him - 'She wore a Ross Perry beret...'

13 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I suppose the latest Scottish feature film, featuring time travel set in 1950s Ullapool, might have to change their working title of Back to the Teuchter......

No more jokes about sheepshaggers either presumably. Is lamb a phobia?

14 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I suppose the latest Scottish feature film, featuring time travel set in 1950s Ullapool, might have to change their working title of Back to the Teuchter......

:lol:

An English friend of mine sent me the article* a while ago, having not realised the date (although it says 31st March).

*I think it  may have actually been this article https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/dad-five-branded-racist-fined-10137782

13 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

:lol:

An English friend of mine actually sent me the article* a while ago, having not realised the date (although it actually says 31st March).

*I think it actually may have been this article https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/dad-five-branded-racist-fined-10137782

It all sounded pretty plausible. It's only this week that some auld wifey (please check that this term is ok) brought a legal case, because her hotel in Benidorm was populated by too many Spaniards.

21 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

It all sounded pretty plausible. It's only this week that some auld wifey (please check that this term is ok) brought a legal case, because her hotel in Benidorm was populated by too many Spaniards.

That wasn't her main gripe, she also had fairly legitimate points - she was promised a disabled-friendly low-floor room, and was given one on the 14th floor, and her Tour Operator changed her flights not long before she was due to fly, and didn't follow accepted procedure to let her know about it.

However, in our click-baity, xenophobic/Brexity climate, the papers chose to run with the focus headline that they did.

Anyhoo - let's roger those Smokies on Saturday.

The wit of the last part of your post here hasn't received the recognition it has deserved, well done sir.

Archived