Dumbarton v Arbroath.

Game of the day in League 1.

Confident but at the same time everything seems to be going too well at the moment..

Two league wins by an aggregate score of 7-1 and a good LC group campaign that included impressive performances against County and Dundee United. Hopefully the good run continues.

Dumbarton seem to have struggled to click so far going by their results and seeing their highlights against East Fife and Forfar but they’ll be right up for it with a point to prove Saturday and have some dangerous players.

For us, I’d take Omar and Gold out and put Denholm and Thomson in. With a 4-4-2 we can get the best out of Bobby and DD and Dumbarton seem to go with a midfield diamond.

Jamieson

Thomson

Little

ToB

Hammy

Denholm

Whatley

Swankie

Linn

McKenna

Wallace

We’ve got off to a good start so this is a free hit for us, go there and get right at them to try and get what would be a big 3 points early on in the season.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see you guys getting revenge for the Play-Off defeat.

Having said that we'll probably click & win 3-1 :lol:

Re Bar - Not sure lichtgilphead, someone better informed will maybe post whether or not away fans will get access to Stadium bar this Saturday. Can't see it being a problem personally, unless your bringing 300+

Home game for me. Only a 130 mile round trip!
Will Dumbarton be opening the bar at the away end, or are we welcome at the home end, or should we be looking at the bowling club or Stag's Head for a pre-match pint?
As far as I'm aware away fans will be allowed into the home end bar but I wouldn't take that as gospel, no doubt it will be confirmed shortly.

As for the game - away win.

Will Dumbarton be opening the bar at the away end, or are we welcome at the home end, or should we be looking at the bowling club or Stag's Head for a pre-match pint?

What’s the name of the bowling club?

If we play the way we did in the last 70 minutes against EF then we can win this, battle between two good teams.

If we play the way we did on Saturday we'll lose, and would to most sides.

Stevie needs to instil, and the players need to recognise it themselves that we'll need to fight and work hard to win games in this division. It won't happen by magic.

Normally under Stevie just as we hit rock bottom (punny, eh?) we pull a result out of the bag and the fears go away for a few weeks. In saying that Arbroath at home is probably the most difficult game we could've had, given their form and out dire home record.

I'm not confident. I'll be honest. If Stevie had came out at the end of the Forfar game and taken some responsibility whilst highlighting the importance of this I would've felt a wee bit more optimistic, but to basically dismiss the fact that we could be six points behind the Lichties come Saturday night (even at this stage in the season) was a bit naive. That's not to say he's saying that sort of thing behind closed doors (I'm sure he isn't), but it didn't give me a good feeling.

I suspect we'll start 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 and try and hit on the break. If Arbroath score first we'll fold and lose 0-2/0-3. If we score first it could give us the bit of belief we need.

Linn playing on your left or right these days? The prospect of him against Perry gives me the absolute fear.

Normally under Stevie just as we hit rock bottom (punny, eh?) we pull a result out of the bag and the fears go away for a few weeks. In saying that Arbroath at home is probably the most difficult game we could've had, given their form and out dire home record.
I'm not confident. I'll be honest. If Stevie had came out at the end of the Forfar game and taken some responsibility whilst highlighting the importance of this I would've felt a wee bit more optimistic, but to basically dismiss the fact that we could be six points behind the Lichties come Saturday night (even at this stage in the season) was a bit naive. That's not to say he's saying that sort of thing behind closed doors (I'm sure he isn't), but it didn't give me a good feeling.
I suspect we'll start 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 and try and hit on the break. If Arbroath score first we'll fold and lose 0-2/0-3. If we score first it could give us the bit of belief we need.
Linn playing on your left or right these days? The prospect of him against Perry gives me the absolute fear.

Linn swaps about but mainly on the left, been flying so far

10 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Home end bar will be open and we'll have live music on in there. All welcome.

Allowing away fans in via the home turnstiles in order to use the bar facility worked pretty well on Saturday.

Hopefully it'll be in place again this weekend. I'd like to see the community suite busy on match day with folk enjoying the pre-game atmosphere. 

That is exactly what I didn't want to hear.

He really went the extra mile for pre season this year, started 5 weeks early, boxing training and away hill running etc. Can really tell the difference. Hopefully he gives yer man Perry a tough afternoon.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

He really went the extra mile for pre season this year, started 5 weeks early, boxing training and away hill running etc. Can really tell the difference. Hopefully he gives yer man Perry a tough afternoon.

:(

Spoiler

15341758321678766.gif?1534175839

[emoji20]
Spoiler 15341758321678766.gif?1534175839&key=c84273e0ecca0eb89684c847fa25d766db97e5702436b4637394d1787842004b

I noticed I had said he looked good in the highlights, have said before I don’t really rate Moore and never realised it was him. Maybe Perry had actually helped his case without me knowing. [emoji23]

Off camera I think perry does another full roll on the ground. He’d have done better to take a yellow for a solid reducer than the foul he did make.

Is this Ross Perry who was at Albion Rovers last season?

Archived