Benburb football club

tinto

I  made one of my not too frequent trips to Scotland and took in a match by my favourite team Benburb last week. They played Arthurlie who looked a well organised and capable side. The first half was open and both teams had chances. However the Bens left winger scored with a long shot which will probably be voted 'goal of the season' by the club. In the second half the lead was increased with an unfortunate own goal from a Lie defender. The Bens held on fairly comfortably for their first points of the season.

All in all I was very pleased and proud of the way the team played. They were well organised and played some smashing stuff against a team who will I imagine be near the top.  It has of course been a long way back for Benburb from the dark days of 15 years ago and their small committee, management and helpers deserve a lot of credit. The playing side looked good and definitely a very enthusiastic bench.

On the performance they could well surprise a few more teams this season; so good luck to the 'chookie hens'. 

4 minutes ago, tinto said:

I  made one of my not too frequent trips to Scotland and took in a match by my favourite team Benburb last week. They played Arthurlie who looked a well organised and capable side. The first half was open and both teams had chances. However the Bens left winger scored with a long shot which will probably be voted 'goal of the season' by the club. In the second half the lead was increased with an unfortunate own goal from a Lie defender. The Bens held on fairly comfortably for their first points of the season.

All in all I was very pleased and proud of the way the team played. They were well organised and played some smashing stuff against a team who will I imagine be near the top.  It has of course been a long way back for Benburb from the dark days of 15 years ago and their small committee, management and helpers deserve a lot of credit. The playing side looked good and definitely a very enthusiastic bench.

On the performance they could well surprise a few more teams this season; so good luck to the 'chookie hens'. 

They were great at Darvel yesterday and good bunch of boys 

wish them all the best for season ahead 

• 2 weeks later...

McLaren is unplayable at times and was good value for his four goals yesterday. Bens also hit the woodwork four times, three off the bar and one off the post. Kello’s keeper also had three or four good saves so it could have been double figures.

Archived