Stranraer Vs Partick Thistle - Irn Bru Cup

jagfox

Not been to Stair Park since our playoff game under Dick Campbell. Looking forward to another visit. We huffed and puffed in last year’s Bet Fred group stage so a potential banana skin awaits us. Shame it’s a midweek game as this will impact on our following. 

Hopefully we can get the win and boost the fitness and confidence of the players going into the Celtic game on Saturday. Not a lot of room for manoeuvre in terms of the players involved but it would be good to see more of Fitzpatrick and Wilson.

59 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I wouldn’t be in the least bit bothered if we were knocked out here. It’s a tin-pot, joke of a competition and a run in it could end up costing the club money.

I'm 90% this but 10% wouldn't mind a weekend in Wales / either bit of Ireland for the novelty.

I'm 90% this but 10% wouldn't mind a weekend in Wales / either bit of Ireland for the novelty.

Absolutely this.

I’m going to this mostly because I’ve never been to Stair Park. Would like to see Fitzpatrick get a start. Would expect Melbourne and AMM to start too.

30 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

First time through to Stair Park tonight and I’ll be driving. Is there plenty of parking around the ground?

Parking isn't usually a problem unless it's really busy, just drive in toward the stadium and the stewards will direct you to the left or straight on.

Job done and good for AMM to get off the mark even if it's in this competition.  Some potentially decent away days in the next round with it being unregionalised and on a Saturday as well. Will no doubt be a sickener of a draw against a team in our own league.

edit: specifically would be interested in (away from home, obvs)

Any of the Irish teams  + Connah's Quay (English ones  are basically London and TNS are  also in England) 

Annan - not played away  in a competitive game since 2010

Edinburgh City - never played

Formartine - never played away

Winner of Cove / Montrose- never played away / haven't played away since 1992

Winner of EK / Spartans (I know Edin City are sharing there) - never played either

Winner of Elgin / Arbroath- never played in a competitive game/  haven't played away since 2002

Archived