Best junior player you’ve ever seen!

Jimper7

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

were guys like Dalgliesh actually stand out performers in the Juniors? 

I would have thought a combination of youthful inexperience, parent club instructions to not get injured, and the short time spent at the grade would mean that they might not have had the chance to do much beyond building a bit of experience. 

2 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

I’d be surprised if many on here have heard of the Garngad emoji23.pngor indeed know where it is emoji848.png

I’m sure the Candy boys know , it was always Provanmill Park when I was growing up, when did the name change, it kind of crept up on me. 

4 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

I honestly couldn’t tell you about its name change. I’ve always known it as the Garngad. I’m a Dubliner and lived in Robroyston when I first came over to Glasgow.

Sorry, It was the namechange of the ground I was asking. 

Royston has been colloquially known as the Garngad for as long as I remember and that’s a long time.  It could be argued that the ground is not in the Garngad more Provanmill/Ranza. 

I’m sure the Candy boys know , it was always Provanmill Park when I was growing up, when did the name change, it kind of crept up on me. 

The name change from Provanmill Park to James Mcgrory Park came around 5 yrs ago when the new committee came in and turned around the fortunes of the football club It's been fantastic that the family of Jimmy Mcgrory have fully supported the name change and indeed visit us a few times a season .

It's a fitting tribute to the greatest ever goalscorer in British football who was born in the area played for and also managed the team ( charity matches )

The name change from Provanmill Park to James Mcgrory Park came around 5 yrs ago when the new committee came in and turned around the fortunes of the football club It's been fantastic that the family of Jimmy Mcgrory have fully supported the name change and indeed visit us a few times a season .It's a fitting tribute to the greatest ever goalscorer in British football who was born in the area played for and also managed the team ( charity matches )

Great info [emoji1360][emoji41]

Sorry, It was the namechange of the ground I was asking. 
Royston has been colloquially known as the Garngad for as long as I remember and that’s a long time.  It could be argued that the ground is not in the Garngad more Provanmill/Ranza. 
That's an argument that could last forever
Wars have started for less [emoji23]
My diplomatic answer would be it's a no man's land between Gemiston and Provanmill [emoji23]

Archived