Best junior player you’ve ever seen!

Jimper7

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stuart Gordon was a cracking player for Kilbirnie before going to Pollok as was one one of my all time favourites Billy Muir.

That kilbirnie team around 86-87 was some team , Alan rennie was a class act , a couple of goals between them and the best junior team of all time .

One season wonder at brig o lea,Chris "tiff" aitken. Top goal scorer from midfield nick named one touch bang for his ability to control and shoot from anywhere with the majority ending up in the pokey. Moved on to Hamilton after a year and played out his career in the lower leagues of Scottish football

Nobody spotted top left in the St. Mirren picture ?

The boy that looks about twelve ?

Ooh-Eeh, Kevin Lee...say ooh-eeh Kevin Lee !!

He invented the wee song himself (on top of a table in Tamsons bar after a diddy cup win) to stop all the singing about the late, great, Denis Donnelly.

Maybe fortunately, I don't know what happened later as I had to get taxi back to Lochwinnoch but my understanding is that several players didn't get back home until the following weekend.

Unsure now of details but I think it might have been the 3-3 draw with the Meadow and Ladeside won on penalties .

Happy days...I remember when all this was just fields, you know...

On 17/08/2018 at 23:06, Jimper7 said:

Bryden,Pirrie,Lynn,Howie,Feeney,Rennie,LydonMilne,O’Rourke ,Mills ,Muir,Milne,Conway,Coll,Blyth and Miller.

Ladeside had a great squad 86-87.

That kilbirnie team around 86-87 was some team , Alan rennie was a class act , a couple of goals between them and the best junior team of all time .

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 06:13, lobey dosser said:

Forward - Rocky Crichton - fastest player I have ever seen, knew where the goals were and part of our best attack with Chris Wilson

Midfield - Duncan Sinclair (Sinky) - a legend wherever he played

:P McCarrison had a couple of seasons where he was unplayable, when he was in the mood. Should have made more of his career, Hamilton Palace escapades didnae help!

Archived