Best junior player you’ve ever seen!

Jimper7

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Here’s one for the Clydebank guys-the two Stuart’s  from Lok who went on to senior success with Clydebank and were both superb players -Auld and Gordon

Fraser wishart did not too bad! 

28 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Here’s one for the Clydebank guys-the two Stuart’s  from Lok who went on to senior success with Clydebank and were both superb players -Auld and Gordon

Stuart Gordon was a cracking player for Kilbirnie before going to Pollok as was one one of my all time favourites Billy Muir.

9 hours ago, classof2010 said:

At beith
Stevie Clarke
John McKenna
Ian balmer
Other clubs
Gordon mills
Hughie lydon
George gemmell
Norman Montgomery
Tom diving bar steward brown
Gerry peline
Ross Findlay

Sal McKenna was my hero when i was a kid Still is probably my fave  Beith player ever  Balmer would also make it in to my best Beith 11 Not sure if we knew at the time just how good Stevie Clarke was going to be as he was only about 18 year old Why Beith were not winning the major honours in the late 1970s early 80s i will never know

Two cracking players for The Bankies as well mate - Gordon was on a hiding to nothing as a Bankies striker in a team in the Premier League struggling for goals - he acquitted himself well

Auld was a cracking defender and always good for a few goals a season !!

IMG_3316.jpgIMG_3315.jpg

Peter Weir by a mile.  Total class act.   He would hug the touchline so much he was almost in the shed at Brig O'Lea.  Then he'd get the ball and ghost by defenders.

No surprise at all that within just five years of leaving us he had two SPL medals, three Scottish Cup medals, one League Cup medal, a European Cup Winners Cup medal, a UEFA Super Cup medal and international caps.

Brian Carrigan was streets ahead of anyone else I have seen playing junior football.  Mark Whyte, Mark Corcoran, Danny Smith, Stuart MacArthur and Ian "Boris" McLaughlin  were all top notch as well.

Best I've played with was Hamish Mackay who starred in Tayports better days.
Best I've seen since watching was Jim Lister when he was at Camelon.

Not sure if Lister would provoke hilarity or not. Expect some of the Lothian guys would have an opinion.

Archived