Rovers v East Fife - Baz v Daz

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cup final day for them, just another run of the mill game for us. EF will be desperate to get some points on the board and what better way to get the confidence going by beating their most hated rivals on their home patch. We’ll never hear the end of it if they do, it’ll be the talk of Methil for years to come no doubt. Frankly if we can’t beat this mob, again, then questions need to be asked. I’ll go for a 2-1 Rovers win and a crowd of about 1500.

Hopefully we can build on yesterday. Whilst it was nowhere near the finished article, we actually tried to play some football which was refreshing.  

East Fife don't appear to be very good but we all know how much this game means to them so could well be an uncomfortable 90 mins for us. 

3 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Do we need to play this? Cowdenbeath will thump us during the week and then the usual 3-0 drubbing from you lot. Fun times.

When was the last time we beat you 3-0?

1-0, 2-0, 3-2, 5-0, 7-1, but can't remember a 3-0.

Would settle for it on Saturday though. 

Ideally, we'll start with a team similar to which we finished last Saturday.  Milne, Nisbet, Wedderburn and Flanagan all seemed to be linking up well.  With that said, Smith will likely continue to use a rigid 4-4-2 with Matthews on the wing from the start, which makes it a bit more difficult. It'll be interesting to see if Duggan and Thomson are back for this one. I'd still we continued with Wright in goals for the meantime. 

Also, I'd fully back Scott Agnew to score against us. He's one of numerous players who love a goal against us.  

Think we'll have to sit as deep as we were at some points on Saturday to get East Fife to come out and play. The biggest problem we had last season were teams just sitting in and holding on for a draw. At least when we were deeper we were creating more space and were able to break quickly.

I think they'll score but we'll score more. 3-1 Raith.

Think we'll have to sit as deep as we were at some points on Saturday to get East Fife to come out and play. The biggest problem we had last season were teams just sitting in and holding on for a draw. At least when we were deeper we were creating more space and were able to break quickly.

I think they'll score but we'll score more. 3-1 Raith.

Please bring wee Martin am dying to meet the poor soul behind p&b’s greatest ever meltdown

I thought that there was bits of good play on Saturday (with Flanagan a real highlight) and we were, in the end pretty comfortable. However, they had some guilt-edge chances and could easily have equalised early in the second half. Hoping we can limit that kind of chance a bit better on Saturday.

EF have had a poor start and that run of form from pre-season and even in to last season is worrying for them. A similar/slightly improved performance from us should be enough to take all 3 points. The kind of game we have to be winning... 

Team-wise I would be surprised (barring any injuries*) if it changes. I thought Davo was back from suspension (?) and if so may come in for McKay. Duggan, if fit will likely get a run from the bench. 

*We better not get any fucking injuries on Tuesday. Play the under 9s. 

Archived