Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - 25th August 2018

6 minutes ago, Darren said:

First game of the league season. That's the only time I can remember being at Rugby Park and the away end being rammed. Thanks for reminding me of that one, great day out.

Aye, you won 4-2.

Was a cracking game to be fair.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You think you'll bring over 4,000?

You've done that twice in my lifetime watching Killie (late 80s)

Once in the Scottish Cup Mid 90s when you had the wings of the Main Stand too and once when Burley was boss 05/06 season I think.

Would be amazed if you brought that kinda crowd at the weekend.

Was reading Jambo Kickback earlier and some clown said you'd have more than us which is never going to happen given we've 4,000 season ticket hodlers plus PATG folk.

Ps - initial allocation isn't sold out, or at least wasn't this morning.  There will be PATG anyway at the Hearts end so anyone wanting to go will get in.

Hopefully a decent crowd, 7000+ if you bring 2000+.

Would be disappointed if we took less than 3,000.

5 hours ago, Elixir said:

Would be disappointed if we took less than 3,000.

After such a shitty performance in front of a big support at Dunfermline,  prepared to be disappointed.

Do you think we ask for ticket money up front from Hearts given their record of only paying a few pence (if that) in the pound to certain debtors in the past. That is classic #W38 tactics.

#TB4 clubs (if you discount any #TB4 clubs from Motherwell) would never dream of doing that.

Some of the patter in here has been absolutely howling. 
If I can inject a little football chat, how do Hearts fans feel about the start to the season? Been playing well? Likely starting 11?

Football? I thought both sets of fans were just turning up to count one another

Found this funny on Jambo Kickback

"Killies crowd has taking a pumping over the last 20 years.

They do seem to be tight with the of, particularly rangers so no wonder that culture has fed through to the streets and fans.

I want to feel for them as I respect fans of these clubs ( esp Partick and Motherwell), however Killie have literally crawled up rangers arsehole so much that even their fans don't know where one ends and the other starts.

Now shows on their attendances."

Remind me of how many ticket Hearts gave the Rangers  last season?!  Was it 14,000?

I remember going to Tynecastle in the 90s when Hearts were getting 8,000 and that was with a big Killie support travelling through - funnily enough Hearts were utter shite then.  Every support has peaks and troughs.  I'd say an average of 5,000 or so at RP is what we've always had. We've had a few seasons of high crowds late 90s but 4,000 or so season ticket holders (10% of the population of the town) is about right for us.

With the exception of Michael Johnston being a c**t and abstaining on the NewCo vote, I'd love to see how we've crawled up Rangers arsehole. We've beaten them plenty, told them to f**k off with Jones bid etc.  Pretty much the same as any other club.  They get two stands at RP, same as Celtic. If Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen could fill more, they'd get more tickets. Just like Hearts have in the past.

Certainly don't hear the Rangers like add ons at RP like you hear from sections of the Hearts support for starters. That Kyle Lafferty song about the IRA is an absolute riddy.

2 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Some of the patter in here has been absolutely howling. 

If I can inject a little football chat, how do Hearts fans feel about the start to the season? Been playing well? Likely starting 11?

After the last 18 months we are all a bit too nervous to slip into outright optimism. Awww fckit.......... Chamionees, Championees.....

( Laff on the bench  - no way are Rangers coughing up before they either sell Morelos or secure Europa league place )

22 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They do seem to be tight with the of, particularly rangers so no wonder that culture has fed through to the streets and fans.

I want to feel for them as I respect fans of these clubs ( esp Partick and Motherwell), however Killie have literally crawled up rangers arsehole so much that even their fans don't know where one ends and the other starts.

Remind me of how many ticket Hearts gave the Rangers  last season?!  Was it 14,000?

To be fair there were 14,000 seats at Murrayfield available for Kilmarnock fans as well 

But you're right

The story about Killie's crowds isn't so much that they're unusually small now it's that they were particularly high when Killie came up in the early '90s on a wave of optimism. Back then they were a town team getting city team crowds

5b7bee4180ec1_HeartsKilleAttendances.png.873b22b661986e77732beeba19029c29.png

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I remember going to Tynecastle in the 90s when Hearts were getting 8,000 and that was with a big Killie support travelling through - funnily enough Hearts were utter shite then.  Every support has peaks and troughs.  I'd say an average of 5,000 or so at RP is what we've always had. We've had a few seasons of high crowds late 90s but 4,000 or so season ticket holders (10% of the population of the town) is about right for us.

With the exception of Michael Johnston being a c**t and abstaining on the NewCo vote, I'd love to see how we've crawled up Rangers arsehole. We've beaten them plenty, told them to f**k off with Jones bid etc.  Pretty much the same as any other club.  They get two stands at RP, same as Celtic. If Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen could fill more, they'd get more tickets. Just like Hearts have in the past.

Certainly don't hear the Rangers like add ons at RP like you hear from sections of the Hearts support for starters. That Kyle Lafferty song about the IRA is an absolute riddy.

I probably wouldn't visit another team's forum again if it's going to upset you this much.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Getting wound up by a kickback post is your first error.

I probably wouldn't visit another team's forum again if it's going to upset you this much.

Killie probably get more praise on your kickback than we do on ours.

It can’t be any worse.

Archived