Top of the Table Clash -Peterhead Vs. Clyde

So because he is an honest semi professional footballer & has found a level & club  he can enjoy his football & keep down a proper job to suit his family life for now & the future you think that is wrong. Would you prefer he played for some pseudo amateur team to make a dishonest living from the game or take a short term full time contract toward the later years of  his career & possibly not get game time or goals. 
Fair enough.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't speak pish; 100 goals in just over 5 seasons is a great achievement regardless of the league he is playing in.

What I found most disappointing is that the SPFL did not send a representative to show acknowledgment of Rory’s unarguable outstanding achievement. Maybe they just prefer to suck up the asses of the bigger clubs & players?

19 minutes ago, HootsMon said:

What I found most disappointing is that the SPFL did not send a representative to show acknowledgment of Rory’s unarguable outstanding achievement. Maybe they just prefer to suck up the asses of the bigger clubs & players?

If it had been an Old Firm player the blazers would have been falling over themselves to present the award. Fantastic achievement by Rory and we are extremely lucky to have him in our team. Roll on the next 100 goals.

It’s just typical of the contempt they hold the lower leagues  As you say it’s a fantastic achievement and should have been all over the media and the SPFL should have been involved in presentation.

they just don’t care..simple as that

47 minutes ago, HootsMon said:

Took them three days to create a 40 second compilation of 6 goals and post a tweet about it, just goes to show how much they care.

19 hours ago, jp21 said:

Don't speak pish; 100 goals in just over 5 seasons is a great achievement regardless of the league he is playing in.

To be fair I agree with him, I thought he’d have scored more than that.. didn’t realise it was only 5 seasons he’s been with you lot, feels like  lifetime 

4 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

To be fair I agree with him, I thought he’d have scored more than that.. didn’t realise it was only 5 seasons he’s been with you lot, feels like  lifetime 

It's 5 seasons since start of SPFL. As a comparison, Leigh Griffiths is second on 73. 

Alan Trouten is 7th with 58:whistle

Can't really say anymore than McAllister is probably the best goalscorer seen in the bottom two divisions a really excellent record year on year , would have been interesting to see how would have done in the top division , but he is quite happy to stay at peterhead enjoy part time football and has job outside the game , would imagine Peterhead pay him a good wage and he should get a good testimonial at the end of his career all round the peterhead fans must be chuffed to bits to have had this guy for the last season's

13 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Only a week late with that top drawer rhetoric.

In any case I’m sure you’ll be delighted to hop back on the soap box again emoji1303.png

We only play once a week. Anyway that's three defeats in a row. A couple of very poor performances and looking a bit like  too much reliance on one guy.  Reality not rhetoric. If you have watched Clyde long enough it becomes very predictable. 

Not sure why more hasn’t been done to sign a striker. Presumably we knew Goodwillie might miss a game due to the birth of his child so we let Miller (limited but literally our only other striker) go on loan.

We seem to have a surplus of central midfielders and central defenders. One good striker, one good left back, one poor right back (duffie) - no proper cover in any of those positions. Limited options to play on the wings too.

We brought the Huddersfield lads back but so far they have been peripheral. Would that money have been better invested in a striker and a right back?

The balance of the squad just doesn’t seem right. My only hope is we get a couple of decent loans in for the key positions, most critically up front.

Archived