Top of the Table Clash -Peterhead Vs. Clyde

Disappointing but suppose we normally get hammered up there, in terms of score line. We are not quite there yet as far as a league winning side, couple of players short that would make the difference.

Have to remember the big strides we have made since Lennon & Moore came in so just have to accept these results and move on. We seldom win the game we really need to so up to management team to try to improve us further. Not going overboard about this one, well done Peterhead well justified title favourites, just hope from our point of view they have the usual  McInally inspired wobble at some point or Mr McAllister forgets where the goals are (no much chance of the latter right enough!)

Safe journey home lads!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TOPFITTER

Due to Clyde’s rehabilitation programme their 2 supporters ejected from the ground will sign and play next week[emoji3]
Pleasing result easier win than score suggests. Well done BLUE TOON

Heard Peterhead fans and stewards were a disgrace today. 

You heard wrong. The Clyde guy in the black t-shirt was like a man possessed. I’d say he was lucky the Polis didn’t arrive earlier. Stewards (female) looked calm and professional in the face of Clyde Cuckoo. He should be embarrassed. I’ve never seen any trouble like that in all my years at Balmoor.

Anyway, away from that stupidity, the Blue Toon were excellent today. Well organised and playing like a team.

Think the fact that two ex stewards (badged as told by head steward) were pushing folk around didn't help. One with the funny specs who'd been drinking was put on the door at the end. The fat bald one with white t shirt was put out and I'm told he's to be spoken to by the club. These aggressive attitudes didn't help the situation behind the goals but agree on your point. The stewards put two guy's out without really knowing what had happened. That aspect was pretty poor.

Heard Peterhead fans and stewards were a disgrace today. 

Almost paramilitary was what I heard. What a disgrace, soon as a big team comes the “Wee Man Syndrome” takes effect.

Before the last 2 games, I said to my mate that I’d be delighted with 4 points and reasonably satisfied with 3.  Disappointing to lose today but it’s not an easy place to go. 3 games in with 6 points having been to two difficult away grounds (at least we thought so before hand in Stirling’s case) isn’t too bad. 

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Disappointing lack of meltdowns thus far. Maybe tomorrow...

Just now, ScottR96 said:

Let us all get home first

Clyde match day threads have made marvellous Sunday afternoon entertainment these last couple of years.

Nearly annoyed that you seem to have got a decent team together, so all we get now are sensible posts...

Aye thats right, it was the Peterhead fans that filled them of drink or whatever they were on before the arrived at Balmoor. It was the Peterhead club and players that made them act they way they did. Feck off, they’re responsible for their own behaviour.

Credit to the vast majority of Clyde fans who can behave especially those who tried to get the 2nd numpty to calm down, he was ready to take on anyone that breathed.

Back to the important stuff, tough game, cracking pass thru to Rory for the goal. Delighted with 3 points.

Guy above says "tough game". I agree. Two sides that will be up at the top end of the table, even if today's match didn't dazzle and felt like a waste of time and money to see ANOTHER defeat at Balmoor. The windy conditions absolutely didn't help, and Peterhead I think decided they'd have a better chance of breaking us down by playing the long ball. We possibly had a bit too much respect for their team, they were probably scared of Goodwillie (although Brown had an outstanding game against him I thought) and very aware of McStay. Peterhead edged it and deserved to win but it's not a huge stretch of the imagination to have seen us nicking the opener at a set piece and seeing the game out either.

The opening 20 minutes Peterhead had a few chances from which Currie made some decent saves, possibly we didn't expect how direct they'd play the game. We adjusted, sitting Nicoll on top of McLean, and had plenty of the rest of the half, aided by a series of free-kicks around the box which we didn't test Fleming from. The one real chance saw Rankin/Love break two on one with the last defender but Rankin couldn't find the pass to put Love through on goal.

The second half started scrappy but Peterhead took the lead with a long ball (a good pass I reckon) which Rumsby couldn't cut out and left McAllister through on goal to score. We've defended pretty well over the past 6 months; this was an uncharacteristically poor goal to lose. We actually responded pretty well; Goodwillie had two runs across the edge of the box ending in shots, whilst a wonderful reverse pass by Rankin gave Grant a good chance to shoot which was saved, with McStay putting the rebound past the post from a tight angle. Love was also sent through on goal but couldn't lift the ball over Fleming. We then made some changes but we were all over the place following the switches and basically just started lumping the ball. Lennon was going off his head. In truth we didn't create anything in the last part of the game as Peterhead defended well.

I'm not sure that the Lyle/McLean/McAllister trio works particularly well. I think I'd stop watching Clyde if we had a manager playing Stevenson/Gibson as full-backs. Still an absolute cert to be in the top two though.

Currie was our man of the match. The rest I can't say were good or bad. They all mis-hit passes, they all chose the wrong option at times. They all worked really hard (as they did on Tuesday, and in every other game). They were obviously disappointed at full-time.

A big match for us to bounce back next week and it'll be interesting to see us take the shackles off a bit at home. Still very positive. 6 points is a return we'd probably have taken when the fixture list came out.

HOW ABOUT YOU TELL YOU STUPID DECREIPT FUCKING STINKY FANS TO STOP DIRNKING PINTS DOON AT THE STATION CAUSE THEYRE FUCKING HARD AS NAILS EH, YOUS ARE A FUCKING DISGRACE CHUCKING PIES AND CHEESEBURGERS AND THEN HITITNG LASSIES AND BLAMING IT ON THE STEWARDS HOW ABOUT YOU f**k OFF DOWN TO GLASGOW WE WON THE LEAGUE IN YOUR PISHY WEE STADIUM AND WE'LL FUCKING DO IT AGIAN MON THE TOOOOOOOOOOON

Archived