Top of the Table Clash -Peterhead Vs. Clyde

Buzzin’ for the big game on Saturday!

Always a tough place to travel too but if Clyde get the win, what an unbelievable start that would be. If Clyde want to be considered title contenders, it’s these games against Peterhead that they will be judged on.

Gonna go for a 2-1 Clyde win.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TOPFITTER

Clash of the two BadBoy Centre-Forwards. If Peterhead don’t lose fancy them to win the league, however using two of your most creative midfield talents as full-backs is a revolutionary tactic from management genius that is Jim MacInally but will it prove inspired ? [emoji848]

We are definitely in a better position to go up there with confidence than any previous season, we are, on early season games evidence, stronger than last season. Depends also what Peterhead are like. All I can say is that so far we are looking very decent side now so should be a cracking game. 

Before ball is kicked I’d be happy with not losing as we don’t have a great record at Balmore. Just have to enjoy the game and see how it goes but a big win for either side if they get it. Long way to go of course and probably good to get this one played early doors in the season and potentially time to recover (for both)  if they lose.  Given that I assume we will strengthen the team at some point ( perhaps not before Saturday of course) given the 200 club subscription it could be a significant game in terms of the hopeful title challenge.

On 14/08/2018 at 12:00, FREDDYFRY said:

We are definitely in a better position to go up there with confidence than any previous season, we are, on early season games evidence, stronger than last season. Depends also what Peterhead are like. All I can say is that so far we are looking very decent side now so should be a cracking game. 

Before ball is kicked I’d be happy with not losing as we don’t have a great record at Balmore. Just have to enjoy the game and see how it goes but a big win for either side if they get it. Long way to go of course and probably good to get this one played early doors in the season and potentially time to recover (for both)  if they lose.  Given that I assume we will strengthen the team at some point ( perhaps not before Saturday of course) given the 200 club subscription it could be a significant game in terms of the hopeful title challenge.

Time to recover if either team loses?

Not so sure, only 33 games left. 

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Following Tuesday's showing I'll go 3-0 P'head as reality kicks in.

Tuesday is the boot up the backside that the squad needed to avoid complacency going forward. Let’s be bold & not settle for a draw. Go for a win. 

2-1 Clyde. 

Forecast is for high winds on Saturday, could be a game spoiler and turn it into a lottery.

This will be my first visit to Balmoor. Recommendations for a post match fish supper?

I always go to The Bay in Stonehaven on the way back from Peterhead. Always in the top 10 lists, good ice cream shop next door.

A win would be massive. Think Peterhead will lift their game. Team hat scores first will win.

Hear there is a bus organised well done [emoji106] safe journey to all the guys making the trip up north
Should be a good game no reason why we shouldn't go up there full of confidence
I will go for a 2 1 win for the Clyde

9 hours ago, David W said:

I always go to The Bay in Stonehaven on the way back from Peterhead. Always in the top 10 lists, good ice cream shop next door.

A win would be massive. Think Peterhead will lift their game. Team hat scores first will win.

All my previous visits to The Bay have involved long queues. Is this likely to be case at that time in the evening?

Archived