Dumb Tactics vs Dumfries Queen

13 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Greenwood needs to play for me and we need 2 up front, so a 4-4-2 seems the best option. I also think Froxylias has offered the creativity we've been lacking and actually looks like he's on the pitch unlike TOE. This line up also has the benefit of keeping Dallison and Petravicius off the pitch.

Fasan

McGhee Muirhead Harrison Robson

Irving Froxylias Paton Greenwood

Haber Lewis 

Subs: Mutch, Kidd, Dallison, TOE, Sammut, Petravicius, Mackin

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Bollocks.

Even if Petra isnt skinning folk left and right, he can get up and down the right side and his pace requires the attention of Queens LB. There is always the danger we can play him in behind. He is a right midfielder.

Putting Irving there is simultaneously unbalancing the right side and also removing our (so far) best CM. It would leave our right side brutally exposed defensively and leave us totally lopsided going forward.

Ridiculous lineup. Have a word with yourself.

I'm assuming he's getting his right confused with his left. Either that or he thinks Greenwood is left footed?

Either way it would be crazy to stick Irving out wide IMO.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Greenwood needs to play for me and we need 2 up front, so a 4-4-2 seems the best option. I also think Froxylias has offered the creativity we've been lacking and actually looks like he's on the pitch unlike TOE. This line up also has the benefit of keeping Dallison and Petravicius off the pitch.
Fasan
McGhee Muirhead Harrison Robson
Irving Froxylias Paton Greenwood
Haber Lewis 
Subs: Mutch, Kidd, Dallison, TOE, Sammut, Petravicius, Mackin
Is this a joke? You've been complaining about Hartley playing people out of position yet you'd move our best centre mid out to right mid.

Clown!

Its so negative when you have a shit main striker and a clusterfuk supporting him....see Patrick thistle away and many of our seaside league cup games.
Strangely we reverted to 2 up top in the above games and looked better, Dundee utd also flirt with the 4-2-3-1 and got better when they revert to 4-4-2.
This league isn't won on fancy formation or tactics its more on what you can do offensive.
We have to go 4-4-2 or 3-5-2, if we line up with one up top, I'll be heading to bet heavily on QOS

Unfortunately our Manager also thinks 4-2-3-1 makes best use of our starting eleven. Despite repeated failures with it throughout his tenure this is our preferred formation. That is not to say that it cannot work at this level - there are times where we play well with it (Saints on Sat) but when you actually critically analyse the results it is not delivering.

As you infer it sounds good on paper and is probably great on Football Manager but an isolated front man at this level invariably equals aimless punts forward that are easily defended by an underworked back 4.

39 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

fasan
Russell M'head McGhee Robson
Paton
Irving Greenwood
froxy
haber Lewis

Ah, the old 4-1-2-1-2.

I'd go: 

Fasan

Muirhead, Harrison, McGhee

Russell, Sammut, Paton, Irving, Robson

Lewis, Haber

Only one player out of position in Russell and at least he's a wing back, albeit on the wrong side of the pitch.

Now how many times have we had this scenario in the past couple of seasons?

Fans of team who've been shite up until playing us:-

"Stick on QoS win",

"We're going to get hammered",

"Dobbie will have a field day with our defence",

"QoS posters think we're exaggerating; no, we are awful"

"*insert manager name* could be in serious trouble if we don't get a win here"

**A comprehensive win occurs for the apparent shite team.**

Same fans:-

"Well I didn't see that coming!",

"Comfortably our best performance of the season",

"Great result. Well done lads!",

"Hopefully this is the kickstart our season needed"

So, in short, shove your negativity up your arses. A Falkirk win is definitely on the cards here :angry:

"Stick on QoS win",

So, in short, shove your negativity up your arses. A Falkirk win is definitely on the cards here :angry:
We have had it in the last two weeks, and also in recent times whilst coming a cropper against yourselves.

That said, I hope we smash you into a wee pile of journeyman powder

We have had it in the last two weeks, and also in recent times whilst coming a cropper against yourselves.

That said, I hope we smash you into a wee pile of journeyman powder
The one thing giving me some confidence is that Dobbie appears to hate you lot as much as we do and generally turns up :D

Guest Back Post Misses

Week 3 and I will lay £1 to a pound of shite no one will guess the line up again this weekend. Not a soul has got one right yet so the longer it goes the less likely it will be.

Also heard a rumour today that old goat of a fitness coach is allegedly moaning about the pitch causing injuries.

Guest Back Post Misses

"Stick on QoS win",

Come on now You haven’t seen us it is so unfair asking us to shove more things up our arses when the club has been shafting us all summer

Come on now You haven’t seen us it is so unfair asking us to shove more things up our arses when the club has been shafting us all summer
Good one BPM, "You haven't seen us". Add that to the pre-match quotes in my post!

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Week 3 and I will lay £1 to a pound of shite no one will guess the line up again this weekend. Not a soul has got one right yet so the longer it goes the less likely it will be.

Also heard a rumour today that old goat of a fitness coach is allegedly moaning about the pitch causing injuries.

No players have been injured on the pitch. 

"heard a rumour" "allegedly" hahaha 

Archived