Dumb Tactics vs Dumfries Queen

25 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I don't see the problem with 1 up top as long as the midfield/wingers offer the relevant support.

The whole not playing 2 up top overrated these days. How many teams actually play with 2 forwards now anyway?

I think our performances so far with one up top show the horror show we are with it, its not for me unless you have quality and support from the players behind, which we dont

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I think our performances so far with one up top show the horror show we are with it, its not for me unless you have quality and support from the players behind, which we dont

I think when Greenwood is in the team that could change. I don't mind the 352 but it's hard to fit him in. 

To be honest I'm amazed we are all still debating formations. Hartley should have signed a team of players to play in a certain way instead of this mish mash of pish we now have. 

15 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I bet he left feeling a lot more confident about next week.  Does any other team give away goals as cheaply as us, at least two gifts today.  If Falkirk can stop us scoring they will get chances at the other end.  Add to that Fordyce is now out injured and Doyle played on after receiving a knock but will hopefully be ok. We can't afford to potentially miss two senior players with such an inexperienced bench to fall back on. We all know there's nae money but Naysmith needs to get onto his contacts to try and bring in some decent cover. 

I would have thought he would have gone back more worried after watching us today. 

I agree, extra time we made individual errors but in the 90 minutes we were excellent today.

As with the Motherwell, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd games I hope we start taking 1 in 3 chances we create as well as cutting out individual mistakes.

No strength on the bench will be our downfall this season. Nobody who can really change a game in our favour. Our starting 11 is as good as anything else in the league.

57 minutes ago, SueSue said:

I would have thought he would have gone back more worried after watching us today. 

I agree, extra time we made individual errors but in the 90 minutes we were excellent today.

As with the Motherwell, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd games I hope we start taking 1 in 3 chances we create as well as cutting out individual mistakes.

No strength on the bench will be our downfall this season. Nobody who can really change a game in our favour. Our starting 11 is as good as anything else in the league.

That's a more upbeat take than mine.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's a more upbeat take than mine.

Both views are correct. We do need to stop making stupid mistakes, we do need to start taking our chances not only against lesser teams and we are very short on the bench.

finally, we do have a very good first eleven if we can keep everyone fit.

1 minute ago, SueSue said:

Both views are correct. We do need to stop making stupid mistakes, we do need to start taking our chances not only against lesser teams and we are very short on the bench.

finally, we do have a very good first eleven if we can keep everyone fit.

I think our first eleven is absolutely fine for this level, rather than very good.  

Keeping everyone fit for an entire season is not realistic I'm afraid.

26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think our first eleven is absolutely fine for this level, rather than very good.  

Keeping everyone fit for an entire season is not realistic I'm afraid.

obviously keeping 11 players fit the whole season is not realistic hence my point that it is going to be a problem.

Broken record time.....

Two up front please. Haber and Lewis if fit. Robson at LB, McGhee RB. 

Deviating from that defensively shows Hartley to be unacceptably stubborn. 

Deviating from that offensively shows far FAR too much respect for the opposition and that applies to anyone in this league. Get 1 up front so far into the heart of the fucking sun. We dont have the players to support it. 

Irving must start, Greenwood too. And I am probably in the minority being keen to get a look at Petra in a 4 4 2. 

Hopefully Todd will be fit for this one,  he looked to be moving ok when doing laps of the park before yesterday's game but that's a bit different from actual game involvement. Assuming everyone apart from Fordyce and Brownlie are fit it looks like being a starting 11 that picks itself. 

Martin

Mercer

Doyle

Semple 

Marshall

Stirling

Jacobs

Harkins

Todd 

Dykes 

Dobbie

I would be surprised if any of the young players force themselves into the starting 11.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Broken record time.....

Two up front please. Haber and Lewis if fit. Robson at LB, McGhee RB. 

Deviating from that defensively shows Hartley to be unacceptably stubborn. 

Deviating from that offensively shows far FAR too much respect for the opposition and that applies to anyone in this league. Get 1 up front so far into the heart of the fucking sun. We dont have the players to support it. 

Irving must start, Greenwood too. And I am probably in the minority being keen to get a look at Petra in a 4 4 2. 

Too simplistic mate. You need at least a  few players out of position in a fancy 3241 formation. 

5 hours ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I don't see the problem with 1 up top as long as the midfield/wingers offer the relevant support.

The whole not playing 2 up top overrated these days. How many teams actually play with 2 forwards now anyway?

IF Haber is fit, and Greenwood, Petravicius and Owen-Evans give good support, it might work. If any of the above isn't in place, it will be yet another cluster f**k of epic proportions. 

5 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

IF Haber is fit, and Greenwood, Petravicius and Owen-Evans give good support, it might work. If any of the above isn't in place, it will be yet another cluster f**k of epic proportions. 

So many teams play the 4231 formation these days. St Mirren played it from the games I seen them last season.

Too many simpletons think 1 striker means negative tactics :lol:

1 minute ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

So many teams play the 4231 formation these days. St Mirren played it from the games I seen them last season.

Too many simpletons think 1 striker means negative tactics :lol:

It's simple enough, if the midfield is on an off day, which is pretty much guaranteed, then one up front won't work. 

Falkirk to win 3-1

Why, we have no depth to the squad and after sat with the injuries sustained to our first team players, if they can not play then we are in trouble. 

Naysmith on Sat did not bring on any subs apart from the injury why, where they not good enough?   

Not looking forward to the result.

8 hours ago, loopyloo said:

Falkirk to win 3-1

Why, we have no depth to the squad and after sat with the injuries sustained to our first team players, if they can not play then we are in trouble. 

Naysmith on Sat did not bring on any subs apart from the injury why, where they not good enough?   

Not looking forward to the result.

We actually used two subs on Saturday.  Bell replaced the injured Fordyce after about 5 minutes then he himself was replaced by Murray late in the game.  Bell had actually been touch and go to make the bench anyway for the game,  I believe.  We were still very much in the game at the later stages with the players that were on the park,  so it was hardly worth risking putting any more youngsters on. 

Archived