Dumb Tactics vs Dumfries Queen

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Agreed. He's garbage. Threw the third in and sold the first. 

Even his saves were largely right at him. Only one or two were decent.

He's terrible.

Going by the QOS highlights he seemed to put his hand up to try to get to the 1st then decided it was a bad idea and promptly lowered it again! I think his worst trait though is his inability to come for crosses, always seems to be rooted to his line. I think Mitchell's still injured though and Mutch, whilst being a great prospect, makes to many daft mistakes so I'd continue with Fasan in the meantime.

I've watched both sets of highlights and I'm still not sure how the third one goes in!  For all the first one is a nice clean hit on the half volley it's right in the middle of the goal and not hit at an unstoppable pace.  If Alan Martin had conceded that one he would rightly be getting pelters from our support.

The second goal is absolutely majestic though.  Lovely one-two with Harkins and a delightful finish after easily shrugging off the defender.  The angle from behind the goals on our highlights is excellent and shows Dobbie's finishing at it's best.  No 'keeper is saving that one. :wub:

17 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I've watched both sets of highlights and I'm still not sure how the third one goes in!  For all the first one is a nice clean hit on the half volley it's right in the middle of the goal and not hit at an unstoppable pace.  If Alan Martin had conceded that one he would rightly be getting pelters from our support.

The second goal is absolutely majestic though.  Lovely one-two with Harkins and a delightful finish after easily shrugging off the defender.  The angle from behind the goals on our highlights is excellent and shows Dobbie's finishing at it's best.  No 'keeper is saving that one. :wub:

TBH I think Dobbie makes a bit of a hash of the 3rd; keeper expects something other than it being hit straight at him and subsequently fails to get a decent hand to it.

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:
Brilliant as usual Malc. Really appreciated when I wasn't able to be there on Saturday.
Concentrating on the goals, as bad as the efforts of Harrison at the 2nd goal (outmuscled and out sprinted despite a 2 yard start) and all of Froxylias, Paton, Dallison and Muirhead on the 3rd (I think it's a little harsh to blame the keeper on that one as some have), the worst piece of defending of all is Irving's attempt to "mark" Dobbie from the throw in at the first. He just wanders away from him. It's not even a clever throw or one of Dobbie's nice feints, he just jogs off him. Keeper's positioning leaves a lot to be desired too though he was clearly caught off-guard by how early it's hit.

have said the same 're the throw in on our thread. what you don't see from the highlights is the exact same thing happened 5 mins earlier so Irving was warned. he's a good young player though and one of our bad bunch I'd still be happy to give a starting slot to. Hartley hooked both he and Harrison at half time and I'm sure it's because they were mainly at fault for queens two first half goals

While I don't think it looks great on Irving, if you look at the first throw-in, Dallison is picking up Dobbie and Irving is on the thrower. Roberts tells Dallison to pick up Harkins at the next one. I don't think Irving even knows Dobbie is now free. One other thing, why would you let an 18 year old midfielder whose weakest part of his game is defending pick up Stephen Dobbie..? Surely Roberts should have marked Harkins at the second throw-in and brought Irving in front and left Dallison with Dobbie..?

Paul Paton at the 3rd goal is laughably bad,  first he gets caught flat footed and bottles going into a 50/50 to a ball that Dykes had no right to get, then fails to react to  Todd running past him, goes to foul but must realise that he's on a yellow so does his utmost to look like he's doing something whilst doing absolutely nothing at all.  Can't believe he was a top flight player last season from those highlights.

18 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

Paul Paton at the 3rd goal is laughably bad,  first he gets caught flat footed and bottles going into a 50/50 to a ball that Dykes had no right to get, then fails to react to  Todd running past him, goes to foul but must realise that he's on a yellow so does his utmost to look like he's doing something whilst doing absolutely nothing at all.  Can't believe he was a top flight player last season from those highlights.

DiJBvkjW0AE3jkR.jpg

Two of the best to ever do it

47 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bizarre goalkeeping for the first one in particular.  Dobbie seems to spot him ON his line then lobs him anyway.

I love that away kit by the way - a thing of beauty.

It really is. It cant be stressed enough. Best. Second. Kit. Ever.

For the first goal as good a finish as it was Dykes must take credit for his run and harring defender and keeper to gain a throw in and then Mercer for seeing the throw in to Dobbie. It's a team game and everyone played their part

Guest Back Post Misses
Agreed. He's garbage. Threw the third in and sold the first. 
Even his saves were largely right at him. Only one or two were decent.
He's terrible.

Sold the first ? away and throw shite at yourself.

The room Dobbie got at the throw in was utterly disgraceful.

Fasan was the only one with pass marks at the weekend

I take it Hartley brought in most of the current team. As somebody has already said, I thought there were several very decent players in the Falkirk team  and in the spell of pressure they had in the first half the number 9 and 24 linked up well. Also the height and physicality in the team looked like they could be a problem for us. Set pieces into our box were  going to be testing, I thought. However it became apparent that in midfield and defence Falkirk were disjointed and at the back the big guys lacked pace and could be done by on the deck football. If Hartley, like Houston last season, has been given the heave after a defeat by us, is it tough on Hartley if he hasn’t been given time to gel many new players together?

Impressed by the home fans who applauded Dobbie when subbed off. Hope the bucket collection for David Hagen went well.

I take it Hartley brought in most of the current team. As somebody has already said, I thought there were several very decent players in the Falkirk team  and in the spell of pressure they had in the first half the number 9 and 24 linked up well. Also the height and physicality in the team looked like they could be a problem for us. Set pieces into our box were  going to be testing, I thought. However it became apparent that in midfield and defence Falkirk were disjointed and at the back the big guys lacked pace and could be done by on the deck football. If Hartley, like Houston last season, has been given the heave after a defeat by us, is it tough on Hartley if he hasn’t been given time to gel many new players together?
Impressed by the home fans who applauded Dobbie when subbed off. Hope the bucket collection for David Hagen went well.

With no Brechin/Dumbartons this year, it had to be done. He’d lost the dressing room/no chance he was able to turn it around. The stats are horrific viewing from a Falkirk point of view from this game.

Brilliant highlights once again. The whole team played their part and looked very dominant. Our back four didnt look under pressure really but there was a fantastic tackle by semple from a cross into 6 yard box.

The front players were brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Queen of the South play their best football on the ground with one or two touch passing. The link up play was a joy to watch and there was a great little bit shown at around 17 mins on the highlights of exactly that. Someone earlier talked about how the team was always looking to make triangles and you can see it. Harkins, todd, dykes and dobbie seem to really work well with each other and Stirling looks an altogether better player. His close control and dribbling the ball is great to watch and his confidence is defiantly on the up.

Dobbie . . . Wow. His first goal is crazy he even went for that. His third was decent although keeper maybe can feel disappointed. But the second. Ooft. Pick of the bunch. To have a couple yards to make up, sprint past and out muscle the player then convert from angles he had available was simply brilliant.

Loved the applause for him by the home support and his acknowledgement of it.

Fantastic. Cant wait for next week.

Brilliant highlights once again. The whole team played their part and looked very dominant. Our back four didnt look under pressure really but there was a fantastic tackle by semple from a cross into 6 yard box.

The front players were brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Queen of the South play their best football on the ground with one or two touch passing. The link up play was a joy to watch and there was a great little bit shown at around 17 mins on the highlights of exactly that. Someone earlier talked about how the team was always looking to make triangles and you can see it. Harkins, todd, dykes and dobbie seem to really work well with each other and Stirling looks an altogether better player. His close control and dribbling the ball is great to watch and his confidence is defiantly on the up.

Dobbie . . . Wow. His first goal is crazy he even went for that. His third was decent although keeper maybe can feel disappointed. But the second. Ooft. Pick of the bunch. To have a couple yards to make up, sprint past and out muscle the player then convert from angles he had available was simply brilliant.

Loved the applause for him by the home support and his acknowledgement of it.

Fantastic. Cant wait for next week.
Think the home support of any team would have applauded a performance like that unless they were absolute fuds.

so does his utmost to look like he's doing something whilst doing absolutely nothing at all.

That right there completely sums up Paul Paton.

When in possession he stands next to a defending player so he can’t receive the ball and when defending he’ll either make a daft tackle or like you’ve said make it look like he’s doing something but actually offering the square root of f**k all.

Mental that he played in the Premiership for so long and has got international caps with no footballing ability.

Archived