Dumb Tactics vs Dumfries Queen

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^ triggered

Not sure why you think scoring another hat trick against a garbage opposition would change the fact that he’s just a flat track bully. He did the same against Brechin last year.

You'll excuse me if I respect the opinions of professionals inside the game, from the Premiership and Championship,   who rate Dobbie highly and  recognise his ability,  against someone who has probably never kicked a football at a serious level and spends what seems an unnatural amount of time trolling on the Internet. 

And anyone who has a picture of Davy Irons as his avatar deserves even less attention. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

^^^ triggered

Not sure why you think scoring another hat trick against a garbage opposition would change the fact that he’s just a flat track bully. He did the same against Brechin last year.

^^^ Would sell his family for half a season of the Dobbie.

248C247B-9E6D-4732-A531-84E27D2550E0.jpeg

Honestly, someone in the Prem should just get the chequebook out and buy Dobbie and Shankland.
Falkirk and ourselves trying to outdo each other on the diddy-scale yesterday.
We are used to getting Dobbied tbh. Its going to fell much worse when we get Shanklanded.

To be fair to Falkirk re the seating I counted the seats in the front section and I guess they had allocated us about 300 or so. I’m guessing maybe 350 Queens fans in total but the issue was the length of time it took them to sort out and when they did eventually lift the tarp- seagull shit!!
It all seemed fairly good natured though and the steward I spoke to was pretty apologetic. We just sat in with the Falkirk fans until it was sorted.
Not sure how much to take from a match against a very disorganised and demotivated looking Falkirk (who I’m sure will get better through the season) but it was a cracking match to watch. Certain we’d have scored more if everyone hadn’t been trying feed Dobs his third for so long.
Dykes is good in that provider/runner role and first time I’ve genuinely felt Stirling looked at home in this division. Outstanding.

It's a shame that Queens are unlikely to win anything whilst Dobbie's in the team as he's a great talent. It's great having someone who's obviously far too good for the division that they're playing in. We had it with Stainrod but we won the league that season, one of the best seasons in all of the many years that I've been going.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Honestly, someone in the Prem should just get the chequebook out and buy Dobbie and Shankland.

Falkirk and ourselves trying to outdo each other on the diddy-scale yesterday.

You shipped four but at least scored. Not sure if thats less bad or more good...

There's not really adequate words for yesterday.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

We are used to getting Dobbied tbh. Its going to fell much worse when we get Shanklanded.

2 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

The Fae the Briggs talks some nonsense on pie and bovril

get a life 

I've been insulted by a lot better people than you,  whoever you are,   so excuse me if I don't get upset.  And learn to use punctuation.  

51 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I've been insulted by a lot better people than you,  whoever you are,   so excuse me if I don't get upset.  And learn to use punctuation.  

Don't hold your breath. 

16 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Any highlights of yesterday's game posted anywhere yet? 

Not from our end :lol:

Top performance from Queens. 

Centre backs were up against height and pace but just dug in to defend . Win headers, get a nick on anything just very very strong. Doyle and Semple seems to be working really well together.

mid field picked every scrap that the centre backs won. Then played forward on the ground.  Todd running forward and joining attacks was great to see.

Forwards were a different class. A different class ....

falkirk looked the part, big, athletic looking but zero heart.  The heart comes from within or from the manager. 

Hartley won’t last long

Guest Back Post Misses
Erm is it not to do with 50/50 ticket sales? That’s how you get picked to get a shot at the bar. 

Maybe it is now but it did used to be sponsored by the Howgate. Maybe I have missed the change

Guest Back Post Misses
Housty found on twitter. 

£3k a week, I seriously doubt but if he is on a large goal bonus he is going to put us in serious financial difficulty. 

And we have three at least on our major shareholder group who 2/3 grand a week is chicken feed to

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Maybe it is now but it did used to be sponsored by the Howgate. Maybe I have missed the change

Every chance I could be wrong. I just assumed the pot was increased by a cut from 50/50 pot each week, given that its 2nd prize in the draw. 

It’s a great feature. Do I mind a boy from SS won a hefty wedge, £1800 quid or so on his birthday? 2/3 weeks before Christmas iirc. 

The most dominant performance and one-sided match involving Queens I’ve ever seen.  More one-sided than the 7-1 win v Clyde at the tail end of Dobbie’s first spell; more one-sided even than the 7-0 trouncing of Forfar at Palmerston back in the mid 70s.

Only the fact that everyone else (Harkins in particular) seemed disinclined to shoot in the second half, contriving instead to try to tee up Dobbie for his third, allied with Dobbie squandering at least four or five much better opportunities than the two that he’d so brilliantly converted in the first period, and an inspired performance from the Falkirk keeper, kept the score respectable. 8-0 wouldn’t have flattered us. I’m not sure how much of this was down to Queens’ brilliance, though Dobbie and Harkins on their days are unplayable at this level, and how much of it was down to Falkirk’s remarkable ineptitude. They looked like an utter rabble, a makeshift team of strangers that had been cobbled together hastily on the morning of the match. An equally effective XI could probably have been assembled from a typical stag night down the pub.

Dobbie and Harkins, and to be fair most of the rest of the Queens team, looked like the Harlem Globetrotters toying with the opposition, only Falkirk were nowhere near as convincing  a bunch of stooges as the Washington Generals. I’ve seen us enough times this season to realise we’re nowhere near that good, so something must be very wrong down Falkirk way.

Dobbie, remarkably, looks fitter and sharper than ever this season (watching him skin that Falkirk centre half for pace, as he sped away to score his second, was funnier than anything I’ve seen at the Fringe this year), and Harkins strolls around the midfield like a maestro in his dotage, still blessed with supreme skills, he might as well have been puffing on a Montecristo from the start, but even Andy Stirling looked like a footballing magician compared to the traffic cones masquerading as the Falkirk defence. I’ll dissent from the consensus and say that Dykes didn’t have his best game, but it’s probably for the best that he didn't, as Falkirk had clearly suffered enough.

Todd was excellent, and Doyle always puts in a shift wherever he’s deployed. Even our notoriously permeable defence looked relatively unflustered throughout, though Fordyce’s absence probably helped in that regard.

It’s clearly going to be a rollercoaster ride watching Queens this season. Utterly pathetic in the first half against Dundee United, magisterial for the entire 90 minutes on Saturday. It certainly won’t be dull anyway. 

The most dominant performance and one-sided match involving Queens I’ve ever seen.  More one-sided than the 7-1 win v Clyde at the tail end of Dobbie’s first spell; more one-sided even than the 7-0 trouncing of Forfar at Palmerston back in the mid 70s.
Only the fact that everyone else (Harkins in particular) seemed disinclined to shoot in the second half, contriving instead to try to tee up Dobbie for his third, allied with Dobbie squandering at least four or five much better opportunities than the two that he’d so brilliantly converted in the first period, and an inspired performance from the Falkirk keeper, kept the score respectable. 8-0 wouldn’t have flattered us. I’m not sure how much of this was down to Queens’ brilliance, though Dobbie and Harkins on their days are unplayable at this level, and how much of it was down to Falkirk’s remarkable ineptitude. They looked like an utter rabble, a makeshift team of strangers that had been cobbled together hastily on the morning of the match. An equally effective XI could probably have been assembled from a typical stag night down the pub.
Dobbie and Harkins, and to be fair most of the rest of the Queens team, looked like the Harlem Globetrotters toying with the opposition, only Falkirk were nowhere near as convincing  a bunch of stooges as the Washington Generals. I’ve seen us enough times this season to realise we’re nowhere near that good, so something must be very wrong down Falkirk way.
Dobbie, remarkably, looks fitter and sharper than ever this season (watching him skin that Falkirk centre half for pace, as he sped away to score his second, was funnier than anything I’ve seen at the Fringe this year), and Harkins strolls around the midfield like a maestro in his dotage, still blessed with supreme skills, he might as well have been puffing on a Montecristo from the start, but even Andy Stirling looked like a footballing magician compared to the traffic cones masquerading as the Falkirk defence. I’ll dissent from the consensus and say that Dykes didn’t have his best game, but it’s probably for the best that he didn't, as Falkirk had clearly suffered enough.
Todd was excellent, and Doyle always puts in a shift wherever he’s deployed. Even our notoriously permeable defence looked relatively unflustered throughout, though Fordyce’s absence probably helped in that regard.
It’s clearly going to be a rollercoaster ride watching Queens this season. Utterly pathetic in the first half against Dundee United, magisterial for the entire 90 minutes on Saturday. It certainly won’t be dull anyway. 

Dykes was effective at bringing everyone else into the game and creating space with runs in behind. Thought he was as good as anyone else Saturday, no disappointments

Archived