Dumb Tactics vs Dumfries Queen

what annoyed me today was trying to get into stadium - 4 turn styles next to each other a big queue at two of them taking 5-0mins to get in and other two empty. weren't allowed to use other two if you had colours on (ok to be a Queens supporter to use them if no colours). Once through the turnstyle everyone is together too walk up the stairs together.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, queenslad said:

what annoyed me today was trying to get into stadium - 4 turn styles next to each other a big queue at two of them taking 5-0mins to get in and other two empty. weren't allowed to use other two if you had colours on (ok to be a Queens supporter to use them if no colours). Once through the turnstyle everyone is together too walk up the stairs together.

Out of interest what time did you arrive. I was outside from 2.40 to 2.55 as my mate was late arriving. There was never a "big queue" in that time and I very much doubt it took anyone in excess of 5 minutes to get in. Fully accept they should have let us use all 4 turnstiles but there was no significant hassle getting in.

Aye, I was queueing at the time when that was being 'discussed' between the stewards and our fans. Not sure why they did that. The only thing I can think of is so they knew how many away fans there were as they were noting that when I went through.

Guest Back Post Misses
I enjoy being side on but we were one of the last ones in and were near the front, it wasn't the best view. Had they lifted the tarp at the top I'd definitely have sat there. It was far from an awful view but I had no idea until the second half that Muirhead was playing as I couldn't see him clearly from where I was [emoji38]

Would just have liked a bit more room. As a QoS fan I'm not used to being so surrounded by fans.

On another note, FAO Falkirk fans. What was the half-time thing? I assume if the guy had hit the bar he'd have won the £1300(?)? He missed and the guy added another £100 for the next time. Where does the money come for that? Some amount of money.

Local shopping centre I think. Someone lifted a right few quid last season. Nearly 2 grand from memory

Local shopping centre I think. Someone lifted a right few quid last season. Nearly 2 grand from memory
Is it like a bucket collection type thing or do the centre sponsor it and add £100 each week in exchange?

Guest Back Post Misses
Personally I would much rather be on a side view than behind a goal. Any day of any week.

When we opened the place my ST was there and trust me in the winter when is rains and blows you would rather get behind the goals. The view was shit too

Aye, I was queueing at the time when that was being 'discussed' between the stewards and our fans. Not sure why they did that. The only thing I can think of is so they knew how many away fans there were as they were noting that when I went through.
Possibly because the section we'd been allocated was basically full but they wouldn't open the extra section, despite the best efforts of our SLOs. They did eventually open it after the game had kicked off, but at that time stewards were counting extra seats trying to convince fans there was enough room - which there wasn't. Sounds like they were planning to send anyone without colours into the home end.

I'd much rather sit side on too, but the section we were given was clearly too small and the refusal to open up the extra part until the last minute looked like jobsworths at its worst.

Wouldn't be so bad if the exact same thing hadn't happened last season.

Back to the game.  We were very good all over the park,  there was some excellent football which didn’t involve Dobbie,  everyone played a part. And Falkirk were poor, 27-3 on attempts must be some sort of record.

And yet, I was nervous until the 3rd went in.  When you miss chance after chance, there is always the possibility the opposition will go up the park and score, and I speak with some experience.  And woeful though Falkirk were, individually I could see they had some decent players in there. However,  my nervousness was unmerited,  and we coasted home.

When we opened the place my ST was there and trust me in the winter when is rains and blows you would rather get behind the goals. The view was shit too

I’m surprised they didn’t build more substantial side screens to protect the fans from the elements. They only cover the smaller rear section of seats!!

I’m surprised they didn’t build more substantial side screens to protect the fans from the elements. They only cover the smaller rear section of seats!!
I've been banging on about this for years it's terrible in winter. it wouldn't cost that much to plastic it down further.

however as you can see we have more important financial priorities at the moment!

on dobbie every man woman and child round me in the main stand thunderously applauded him off and it was a good touch from him he saw and acknowledged this. the reason we applauded him us we are starved of watching quality football and he is always a pleasure to watch

Guest Back Post Misses
Is it like a bucket collection type thing or do the centre sponsor it and add £100 each week in exchange?

Sponsorship

Guest Back Post Misses
Possibly because the section we'd been allocated was basically full but they wouldn't open the extra section, despite the best efforts of our SLOs. They did eventually open it after the game had kicked off, but at that time stewards were counting extra seats trying to convince fans there was enough room - which there wasn't. Sounds like they were planning to send anyone without colours into the home end.

I'd much rather sit side on too, but the section we were given was clearly too small and the refusal to open up the extra part until the last minute looked like jobsworths at its worst.

Wouldn't be so bad if the exact same thing hadn't happened last season.

We are a shambles of a club now

13 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I've been banging on about this for years it's terrible in winter. it wouldn't cost that much to plastic it down further.

however as you can see we have more important financial priorities at the moment!

on dobbie every man woman and child round me in the main stand thunderously applauded him off and it was a good touch from him he saw and acknowledged this. the reason we applauded him us we are starved of watching quality football and he is always a pleasure to watch

For whatever reason he does seem to excel against Falkirk in particular. Falkirk have seen the very best of him. Which is why when Morton and Dundee United supporting clowns start up their he only does anything against diddy teams nonsense you rarely if ever see Falkirk (or Dunfermline) fans join in.

For whatever reason he does seem to excel against Falkirk in particular. Falkirk have seen the very best of him. Which is why when Morton and Dundee United supporting clowns start up their he only does anything against diddy teams nonsense you rarely if ever see fans who actually know anything about football join in.

Fixed for you.

The majority in the South Stand were applauding as well. If I was a Falkirk player that would hurt me like hell and pride would want me to make sure that it never happened again.

For whatever reason he does seem to excel against Falkirk in particular. Falkirk have seen the very best of him. Which is why when Morton and Dundee United supporting clowns start up their he only does anything against diddy teams nonsense you rarely if ever see Falkirk (or Dunfermline) fans join in.

^^^ triggered

Not sure why you think scoring another hat trick against a garbage opposition would change the fact that he’s just a flat track bully. He did the same against Brechin last year.

Erm is it not to do with 50/50 ticket sales? That’s how you get picked to get a shot at the bar. 
Aye I heard something about 50/50 tickets at the end as well. No matter how it's done I think it's a terrific thing. Was very impressed.

Archived