Dumb Tactics vs Dumfries Queen

I suspected Falkirk were bad going by the P&B comments but I didn't realise just how poor. I have honestly never seen a more one sided Champ match involving Queens. When you think of the Falkirk stalwarts who have been allowed to leave and you see the new recruits the phrase "be careful what you wish for" springs to mind.

What a difference when we get the ball down and play. Playing Todd in centre mid was a master stroke- Stirling carried on from where he left off last week and Harkins and Dykes supported Dobbie brilliantly. Dobbie could easily have scored 6/7 goals and we are not talking about half chances we are talking about 1 on 1s with keeper (who played very well).

If anybody including our Manager doesn't buy in to the concept that we are a much better team when we keep the ball on the ground and push men forward and attack then they could do worse than play the video from this match.

As others have said nice to see Falkirk main stand supporters giving Dobbs and Harkins a well deserved standing ovation. We have set a benchmark now in terms of attacking intent and the challenge will be to replicate it starting next week against high flying Ayr.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses
Well that was fun.  As has been said by a good few already it really could have been double figures. It should certainly have been 6 or 7. It says a lot when a team loses 3 nil and their keeper is comfortably their best player. No failures for us and Dobbie was outstanding again. What a man. :wub:
Some of our play today was a delight to watch. That said Falkirk looked absolutely woeful. Credit to the Falkirk fans who stayed to the end and those who applauded Dobbie when he came off.

I was one of those who stayed to the end.

Said earlier in the thread if Dobbie and Harkins have going days we were fucked and that is how it panned out. Different class.

The lad Todd in midfield was also superb.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I was one of those who stayed to the end.

Said earlier in the thread if Dobbie and Harkins have going days we were fucked and that is how it panned out. Different class.

The lad Todd in midfield was also superb.

Yep comfortably Todd`s best game for us. He was excellent throughout.

Oh how Brechin must wish they were in this division this season with wins as easy as that to be had.  We've had tougher games against Stranraer,  Edinburgh City and Stenny this season.  Aero better get his bricklaying  tools hunted out,  he'll be needing them to supplement his wages as a part timer in the seaside leagues.  There's usually a bit of kidology when fans say their team is shite but with Falkirk fans you get the real thing. 

The 4231 formation is perfect for the players we have.

makes us very solid at the back, strong in the middle of the park and let’s the front 4 express themselves...... 

as good a team performance today as I have seen for a long time.

great away following day also.

We made it as easy for you as you're likely to see with two teams in the same league, but I thought Queens played some great stuff at times. I'd love Harkins at Falkirk and Dobbie is on another level to anything else in the league. Sheer class. 

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We made it as easy for you as you're likely to see with two teams in the same league, but I thought Queens played some great stuff at times. I'd love Harkins at Falkirk and Dobbie is on another level to anything else in the league. Sheer class. 

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Dobbie was applauded off the park by fans from both teams.

Yep even allowing for how poor Falkirk were  we played some terrific stuff today and looked a real threat every time  we attacked.  Dobbie was outstanding and good to see many of the Falkirk fans applauding him. I suspect he`ll be annoyed not to have scored even more TBH.

Sorry to hear about Hagan’s illness as I entered the ground. Was it him who scored the winner at Fir Park in the challenge cup final against us? Anyway I hope the collection went well.

I thought this was going to be a tough game with both desperately needing a win. I thought Falkirk’s big guys were going to be a big problem but we managed not to give away too many set pieces. What surprised me was how poorly the home side defended. We seemed to have untracked runners most of the game. Credit the Falkirk fans applauding Dobbie off the pitch. He will grab the headlines but it was an excellent team effort.  Doyle is some signing and did brilliantly at centre back although carrying an injury. Loved the football we were allowed to play but was surprised at Falkirk not trying harder to stop  us. Their goalkeeper had a great game and prevented the score being very embarrassing for the home side. It was like last season’s first meeting at the end of Houston’s tenure. Don’t see Hartley coming out with a  “journeymen” comment this time though.

Nice touch is too modest. Considering what the Falkirk fans witnessed today I was impressed they were still there let alone applaud the player who completely tore them to shreds. Sincere hats off to them. 

After last week it seemed I was the only one who thought our 2nd half performance was poor. I genuinely wondered if my standards were too high, then we see a performance like that. Falkirk were awful but take nothing away from us, we looked hungry, we took the game to Falkirk from the off, we were first to almost every ball and any loose balls. Have we ever won so many interceptions before? To a man, every one was outstanding.* I don't think I've ever witnessed us control a game away from home in this division as comprehensively. 

There's a case to be made that finishing wise Dobbie wasn't at his best today, which sounds extremely ridiculous but on another day he may well have taken all his chances. His first though? OYF!! When he's playing like that he really is worth the entry fee alone. 

I apologise to the Falkirk fans. You really are as bad as you said. I'd go as far as saying that's the worst Falkirk side I have ever witnessed and by some considerable distance. They offered absolutely nothing and looked woeful at the back. I think they will definitely be at the wrong end of the table unless something changes. One more nail in that w**k's coffin I'd imagine though. The GK was the best player for Falkirk; some terrific saves. And that No. 24, ooft, what a donkey. 

The icing on the cake. #TalkDobbieToMe

Screenshot_20180825-163450.png

Guest Back Post Misses
Nice touch is too modest. Considering what the Falkirk fans witnessed today I was impressed they were still there let alone applaud the player who completely tore them to shreds. Sincere hats off to them. 
After last week it seemed I was the only one who thought our 2nd half performance was poor. I genuinely wondered if my standards were too high, then we see a performance like that. Falkirk were awful but take nothing away from us, we looked hungry, we took the game to Falkirk from the off, we were first to almost every ball and any loose balls. Have we ever won so many interceptions before? To a man, every one was outstanding.* I don't think I've ever witnessed us control a game away from home in this division as comprehensively. 
There's a case to be made that finishing wise Dobbie wasn't at his best today, which sounds extremely ridiculous but on another day he may well have taken all his chances. His first though? OYF!! When he's playing like that he really is worth the entry fee alone. 
I apologise to the Falkirk fans. You really are as bad as you said. I'd go as far as saying that's the worst Falkirk side I have ever witnessed and by some considerable distance. They offered absolutely nothing and looked woeful at the back. I think they will definitely be at the wrong end of the table unless something changes. One more nail in that w**k's coffin I'd imagine though. The GK was the best player for Falkirk; some terrific saves. And that No. 24, ooft, what a donkey. 

The icing on the cake. #TalkDobbieToMe

Screenshot_20180825-163450.thumb.png.66aee23229eef47100279888e740d6a5.png

I would like to apologise to the QOS fans for the disgraceful stunt of shoving away fans in the corner of the main stand. I hate it when we get shunted into poor viewing positions at away grounds. You should be behind the goals. Another poor move by hour, out of his depth, CEO.

I would like to apologise to the QOS fans for the disgraceful stunt of shoving away fans in the corner of the main stand. I hate it when we get shunted into poor viewing positions at away grounds. You should be behind the goals. Another poor move by hour, out of his depth, CEO.
That actually was a poor showing today. Even when some of our fans lifted the tarpaulin at the top corner so they could get a seat, they were told to move. Poor stuff indeed.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Personally I would much rather be on a side view than behind a goal. Any day of any week.

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Personally I would much rather be on a side view than behind a goal. Any day of any week.

Agreed. I quite like the view where we were today. My last 2 visits to Falkirk have seen us in the main stand and win 4-1 and 3-0 with Dobbie scoring 6 . I missed the other game last season.

I enjoy being side on but we were one of the last ones in and were near the front, it wasn't the best view. Had they lifted the tarp at the top I'd definitely have sat there. It was far from an awful view but I had no idea until the second half that Muirhead was playing as I couldn't see him clearly from where I was [emoji38]

Would just have liked a bit more room. As a QoS fan I'm not used to being so surrounded by fans.

On another note, FAO Falkirk fans. What was the half-time thing? I assume if the guy had hit the bar he'd have won the £1300(?)? He missed and the guy added another £100 for the next time. Where does the money come for that? Some amount of money.

Archived