Dumb Tactics vs Dumfries Queen

1 hour ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Can't make this and I am pretty gutted, predicting a absolute shitfest with both teams gifting eachother goals, question is who will gift more? 

Cant make it either and also gutted. Going to see bloody dinosaurs instead! :huh:

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RWB would afford him a bit more leeway for defensive deficiency/naievety. Presuambly thats what we are talking about rather than RB in a back 4?
I was surprised Hartley didn't play him there in the friendlies/cup games. You don't have to be great defensively to play rwb anyway as Victor Moses has proven

I was surprised Hartley didn't play him there in the friendlies/cup games. You don't have to be great defensively to play rwb anyway as Victor Moses has proven
One of the things I used to love watching Lee Miller doing was taking a clearance from a corner in, and holding off Centre halfs in the centre circle long enough till someone could bomb up past him. Haber and Petra could do that.

One of the things I used to love watching Lee Miller doing was taking a clearance from a corner in, and holding off Centre halfs in the centre circle long enough till someone could bomb up past him. Haber and Petra could do that.
I agree. Petra really needs space to run into to make him effective. We haven't really utilised his pace because he tends to get the ball 20 yards out with a man to beat

I agree. Petra really needs space to run into to make him effective. We haven't really utilised his pace because he tends to get the ball 20 yards out with a man to beat
Or gets the ball to feet with a defender hard up against him and thats when you get the most ridiculous shouts from the crowd of "SKIN HIM FFS" or "HOW KIN HE NO BEAT A MAN?!!??!"

One of the friendlies, could have been Airdrie about 2 or 3 times balls were played over the top to Petra and he pissed it against the defender for pace. With Haber up top Petra and Greenwood should be doing this and getting loads of crosses into the box.

One of the friendlies, could have been Airdrie about 2 or 3 times balls were played over the top to Petra and he pissed it against the defender for pace. With Haber up top Petra and Greenwood should be doing this and getting loads of crosses into the box.
Robson more than capable too and if he can beat his man, cross from deep and feed off knockdowns from Haber.

Or gets the ball to feet with a defender hard up against him and thats when you get the most ridiculous shouts from the crowd of "SKIN HIM FFS" or "HOW KIN HE NO BEAT A MAN?!!??!"
He's quick but he needs about 20 yards to knock the ball past a player and beat him for speed. We haven't played to suit his strengths and his goal against Forfar is the only time I've seen us utilising his pace properly

He's quick but he needs about 20 yards to knock the ball past a player and beat him for speed. We haven't played to suit his strengths and his goal against Forfar is the only time I've seen us utilising his pace properly
So its settled then. Petra at RWB and a 5-0 win today or its jotters for Hartley at 16:55.

Robson more than capable too and if he can beat his man, cross from deep and feed off knockdowns from Haber.
Yip we definitely have the players to get the crosses in. With Haber or Mackin up front we have players capable of getting on the end of them.

Yip we definitely have the players to get the crosses in. With Haber or Mackin up front we have players capable of getting on the end of them.
And thats where its Hartley, not the players (yet) thats answerable for our performances. If you play a big guy, then anticipation 9f the second ball is crucial. We didnt get anywhere near close enough to Mackin at Firhill, hence why I was reluctant to give Mackin the shelling that a few folk gave him. It quite simply wasnt his fault.

And thats where its Hartley, not the players (yet) thats answerable for our performances. If you play a big guy, then anticipation 9f the second ball is crucial. We didnt get anywhere near close enough to Mackin at Firhill, hence why I was reluctant to give Mackin the shelling that a few folk gave him. It quite simply wasnt his fault.
Was the same against ICT with Haber. He was winning all the long punts in the air but we weren't getting decent balls into the box for him to attack. If you are going down the route of playing a big target man you have to give him the ammunition to feed off.

Doesn't matter what any of the new players do now, they have been written off already but some of our support and that includes Mackin.

Was the same against ICT with Haber. He was winning all the long punts in the air but we weren't getting decent balls into the box for him to attack. If you are going down the route of playing a big target man you have to give him the ammunition to feed off.

Doesn't matter what any of the new players do now, they have been written off already but some of our support and that includes Mackin.
I will write them off when I see them looking shite whilst playing in a set up that isnt doomed to fail before the first whistle.

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Cant make it either and also gutted. Going to see bloody dinosaurs instead! :huh:

Do you not see dinosaurs every week being a QoS follower? 

(c) Peter Houston. 

Guest Back Post Misses

The thought of the Lithuanian at RB fills me with dread. Only need to look at his attempts to defend at Patrick’s first goal to know it is a stupid idea

Archived