Dumb Tactics vs Dumfries Queen

3 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Ah right. Didn't realise they'd been relegated since we came back down.

Fucking depressing that that "honour" might be us. f**k me.

3 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

It's definitely us that's been here for the longest current spell.

2018/19 - Ross County, Partick, Ayr, Alloa

2017/18 - Inverness

2016/17 - Dunfermline, Dundee Utd

2015/16 - Morton

2013/14 - QOS

2010/11 - Falkirk

It is you, but to be fair that single season down below in 2012/13 is the only time since 2002 we've been out of this division. We don't really do the whole promotion / relegation thing much. When we were promoted in 2002 we'd been in Division 2 since 1989. We've had two promotions and one relegation in the last 30 years!

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Did nobody take your bait the first time and you thought it was too good to not try again?:P

No idea why that's double posted, I've been away stuffing my face :lol:

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It is you, but to be fair that single season down below in 2012/13 is the only time since 2002 we've been out of this division. We don't really do the whole promotion / relegation thing much. When we were promoted in 2002 we'd been in Division 2 since 1989. We've had two promotions and one relegation in the last 30 years!

I suppose in 1994 we kind of got promoted, or kind of avoided relegation, depending on how you look at it.  We remained in Division 2, the third tier, but were no longer in the bottom league.

Otherwise though, we really have stayed put a lot - pretty remarkable when you think how small the divisions are and that there's so much movement between them.

I suppose given that this is probably about the right division for us, then it feels more like stability than stagnation.  A shot at the top flight would be nice though.  Can't see it anytime soon, mind.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

1999 -  2000 season we should have been relegated to Div 3,  and deserved to be,  only Hamilton's 15 point deduction saved us. 

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Standard (apparently) saying Doyle is a doubt for tomorrow. No Doyle doesn't bear thinking about.

If it turns out no Doyle with Fordyce already out injured  that would leave one central defender of any experience (minimal) by my calculation. It`s almost as if our squad doesn`t have sufficient depth.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Standard (apparently) saying Doyle is a doubt for tomorrow. No Doyle doesn't bear thinking about.

This must be that crunch late stage in the season, when the effect on the squad of injuries and suspensions kicks in.   

Yep,  Fordyce out for maybe 8 weeks,  Doyle and Todd having late fitness tests,  possibly not a very strong starting 11. Maybe a chance for a couple of the apprentice journeymen to come in and show what they can do.  If that happens there's a possibility we may not have a full bench. 

Anyway,  getstuckinabootthem Queens. 

51 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Yep,  Fordyce out for maybe 8 weeks,  Doyle and Todd having late fitness tests,  possibly not a very strong starting 11. Maybe a chance for a couple of the apprentice journeymen to come in and show what they can do.  If that happens there's a possibility we may not have a full bench. 

Anyway,  getstuckinabootthem Queens. 

Look on the bright side. If they come on and do well, they will pass their apprenticeship and become fully fledged Journeymen! 

Guest Back Post Misses
No players have been injured on the pitch.  "heard a rumour" "allegedly" hahaha 

Ok,

You are turning into a right little stalker.

Brough, Haber , Turner ?

40 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Guess the team day

Well, given the squad we have, and being kind , the potential for all of them being played in any of three positions, the chances of naming the starting eleven, and more importantly, getting their positions correct, settle in at 3600 : 1.

Rumour is even Paul Hartley himself didn’t manage to guess it correctly last time out.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ok,

You are turning into a right little stalker.

Brough, Haber , Turner ?

All 3 and many more were probably injured on our pitch. The question is, were they injured because of the pitch?

I think there's a lot of assumptions made about plastic pitches causing injury. I'm not saying that the plastic isn't to blame for specific injuries but I'm sure there are a lot of others caused by frozen, rutted grass pitches too.

1 hour ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

If Fordyce, Todd and Doyle are injured I’d say our best line up is this:

Martin

Mercer, Jacobs, Semple, Marshall

Stirling, Harkins, Bell, Murray

Dobbie, Dykes

bench: Leighfield, Gourlay, Harvey, Watson, Exley, Tremble

Todd was passed fit according to match preview, however Doyle is a late doubt. I would consider 

Martin

Mercer Doyle Semple Marshall

Stirling Harkins Jacobs Todd

Dykes Dobbie

or 

Martin 

Mercer Semple Marshall

Jacobs Bell 

Harkins Dobbie Todd

Dykes 

Top line up is the priority if Doyle fit but if he not then the 2nd line up Jacobs and Bell can sit deep and help protect Semple. Harkins Dobbie and Todd could give us our creativity and supply Dykes. 

Could Gourlay possibly step up into the back four as well. 

Archived