Dumb Tactics vs Dumfries Queen

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Another team’s fans telling us they are shite. The last two did the same and won with a fair bit in hand.

When it comes to shite we are at the front of the queue

We`re generally very accommodating to teams in need of a positive result. Hopefully you will indeed be shiter than us.:P 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Watching his body language on the sidelines was a wee bit reminiscent of Ally MacLeod in Argentina.

A bit like my avatar was he? 

I'm confident that we can come out on top in this battle of 'who can be shiter?'  We really do have reliable form in fixtures like this.  There's nobody you'd rather face in these circumstances.

39 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A bit like my avatar was he? 

I'm confident that we can come out on top in this battle of 'who can be shiter?'  We really do have reliable form in fixtures like this.  There's nobody you'd rather face in these circumstances.

Not far off. We are not a bad bunch when it comes to giving a manager a bit of time to sort out the best set up for the team, but we have also become really good at spotting early on when things are much worse than that.

I think Queens offer us the best opportunity to stop the rot, but if you beat us, then Hartley is in major trouble, and I think his nervous interview showed a man who knows he has probably got too many things wrong to recover.

I reckon a defeat in the next game will see him blame all around him from the players to the tea lady. He is also aware that he isn’t going to get another meaningful gig in the near future (probably Raith Rovers if the timing is right).

He can have no complaints as he is wholly responsible for what we are now seeing on the park.

As mentioned by others, it’s very telling that the most convincing arrivals are the signings and loans that have come our way late in the day. Hartley has seen what he has in training, and much as I hate us making panic signings, I think that’s exactly what has happened.

It's just a bizzare situation, I get that he chopped and changed the team throughout the lc games but then to play a completely different line up against Caley, fail miserabley, and then use it again against Partick. The old adage about insanity and doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results comes to mind. If he plays that same back four from the start then he's lost the plot. 
You can't blame him for trying the same setup twice as you don't just ditch it if it doesn't work on the first attempt, however, that's twice now so he needs to change it.

If he does setup the same then his only saving grace will be if it clicks and we win but that's not going to happen

8 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You can't blame him for trying the same setup twice as you don't just ditch it if it doesn't work on the first attempt, however, that's twice now so he needs to change it.

If he does setup the same then his only saving grace will be if it clicks and we win but that's not going to happen

It was a wild selection in the first place, seeing that it didn't work he changed it second half vs ICT but then thought it a good idea to start that defence again against partick as if it would work the second time, he has a wee cushion with this shite on Tuesday where he can put out pretty much any team and most won't be overly fussed, won't be a great gauge regardless. So the telling point for me will be against Qos. 

It was a wild selection in the first place, seeing that it didn't work he changed it second half vs ICT but then thought it a good idea to start that defence again against partick as if it would work the second time, he has a wee cushion with this shite on Tuesday where he can put out pretty much any team and most won't be overly fussed, won't be a great gauge regardless. So the telling point for me will be against Qos. 
We thought it was wild but he didn't so not a surprise he decided to give it another go. Let's just hope he's learned

The worry to me is that he blamed the players for not doing as they were told. Therefore he may well still believe if he drums it into them it will work.
I sure hope he gets the message that it won’t.

Like everyone else I was totally dismayed with the formation and performance on Saturday.

A few things stood out for me: 4 CHs across the back line doesn't work (at least not the 4 that we've got) therefore I'd feel happier if he went back to a 3 with WBs. I've no idea if either Russell or Robson are any good with their right foot but I feel it would be worth trying one of them there to see.

Also, I felt that Dallison was our poorest defender on Saturday so I'd play Muirhead and McGhee either side of Harrison, who I felt was our best.

I know I'm going to get shot down in flames for this next suggestion however I also feel that it may be worth trying Dallison in a defensive midfield role because I think Paton is quite limited and will probably be sitting in the stand quite often when his suspensions start to kick in anyway!

Worth trying against the sevcoltians I think.

6 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:
If Harkins and Dobbie have going days God help us.

best two players I saw last season by some distance. hopefully they'll have an off day and we'll set up more attacking in the first half

Or we nominate a sacrificial victim to kick f**k out the both of them, and try and win with ten men. 

Not even the worst idea we will see on the pitch this season. 

8 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:
On 14/08/2018 at 15:33, DeeBairn said:
Or we nominate a sacrificial victim to kick f**k out the both of them, and try and win with ten men. 

Not even the worst idea we will see on the pitch this season. 

Who do you nominate? Im not condoning it just curious who your willing to sacrifice.

Hmm. Not Paton, he'd have to get close enough. Dallison is our least effective centre half but would likely f**k it up. So either Muirhead or Harrison. Muirhead would likely just head but everyone. Harrison is hungry enough looking to eat him. 

41 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Paul Hartley was at Palmerston watching Queens today in preparation for next Sat. 

I bet he left feeling a lot more confident about next week.  Does any other team give away goals as cheaply as us, at least two gifts today.  If Falkirk can stop us scoring they will get chances at the other end.  Add to that Fordyce is now out injured and Doyle played on after receiving a knock but will hopefully be ok. We can't afford to potentially miss two senior players with such an inexperienced bench to fall back on. We all know there's nae money but Naysmith needs to get onto his contacts to try and bring in some decent cover. 

On 13/08/2018 at 14:47, Bairn Necessities said:

Hope we have a new signing before this game. It's much needed.

We need plural 

On 13/08/2018 at 19:30, Rocco said:

If we do get a win with the 1 up top formation, it will be one of ugliest performances ever seen....

This has the sound of a game a few year ago, I think on a Friday night or Saturday night for alba where we both were claiming to shit and played out a shitfest 0-0 with us playing 5 at the back, sure it was after our 7-1 defeat to Ross County.

The good thing is we never looked back after that 0-0, tho QOS should've won on the night. I don't think we are capable of achieving nil as a defensive manner.

Hopefully we go 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 and Haber being fit giving us our only chance of being potent up top, any other two up top from the rest gives me the fear

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

We need plural 

If we do get a win with the 1 up top formation, it will be one of ugliest performances ever seen....

This has the sound of a game a few year ago, I think on a Friday night or Saturday night for alba where we both were claiming to shit and played out a shitfest 0-0 with us playing 5 at the back, sure it was after our 7-1 defeat to Ross County.

The good thing is we never looked back after that 0-0, tho QOS should've won on the night. I don't think we are capable of achieving nil as a defensive manner.

Hopefully we go 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 and Haber being fit giving us our only chance of being potent up top, any other two up top from the rest gives me the fear

I don't see the problem with 1 up top as long as the midfield/wingers offer the relevant support.

The whole not playing 2 up top overrated these days. How many teams actually play with 2 forwards now anyway?

Archived