The MOTD Thread

King Kebab

Charlie Austin's post-match interview [emoji38]  Total departure from the norm.
Saw it pretty much live earlier, they showed it on Final Score right after he did it. He is right about VAR, but that would have seen Watford get a penalty beforehand.

11 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Were Ranieri and Pearson at the Leicester match? You would have thought they might have mentioned it...

They almost achieved their obvious ambition of showing more off field pics than the actual game.  This season's innovation of having to show so-called 'names' sitting in the stand doing sod all is horrific. I must check some US sports coverage to see what we're going to get hit with next season.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

When asked “Watford could have had a penalty?”, Ian Wright replied with “yes they could of”.

Pundits now as illiterate as the punters.

have you ever heard alex scott on final score - compared to her, wrighty sounds like laurence olivier delivering shakespearean soliloquies being recorded for guidance on the correct use of received pronunciation; with all due respect to footballing ladies and their endeavours, she sounds like the worst sort of sink estate chavette making a real effort to sound ignorant - absolutely fucking awful

Edited by Herman Hessian

On 24/11/2018 at 23:26, AyrshireTon said:

When asked “Watford could have had a penalty?”, Ian Wright replied with “yes they could of”.

Pundits now as illiterate as the punters.

its as redundant as "I've seen them given" or "there was definitely contact".

rarely does anyone suggest the extent of the contact needs to be a consideration. or who initiated contact. And just because a penalty was given previously by an incompetent official doesn't mean that it is a reasonable response to reference that. 

laser sharp analysis and the majority of viewers seem quite happy with that bland analysis/thickness from Shearer and Wright. Jenas and to a lesser extent Murphy far far better on MoTD. 

13 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

rarely does anyone suggest the extent of the contact needs to be a consideration. or who initiated contact. And just because a penalty was given previously by an incompetent official doesn't mean that it is a reasonable response to reference that. 

laser sharp analysis and the majority of viewers seem quite happy with that bland analysis/thickness from Shearer and Wright. Jenas and to a lesser extent Murphy far far better on MoTD. 

I used to think Murphy was ok, but after his performance during the World Cup he's going to have do some hard work to get back in my good books -- he'll be sick with worry about it. 

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

The point was the use of the phrase "could of" which is becoming all too common among the illiterate these days.

And as for actually saying it......

48 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

The point was the use of the phrase "could of" which is becoming all too common among the illiterate these days.

And as for actually saying it......

Am I right in thinking that you are a teacher? My wife is, and this is one of her (many) pet hates.