The MOTD Thread

King Kebab

On 02/08/2020 at 07:07, Clockwork said:

Hope after yesterday’s Cup Final, the BBC go for a completely new MOTD look and line up for the new season. Time to replace the wooden Lineker and the predictable patter of Shearer and Wright, it’s the same old tired ‘matey’ chat week in week out.

I don't see that happening unfortunately, the BBC seem to love it and think we do too. Just look at the graphic they choose in your TV guide -it's never an action shot, or even a picture of a ball, it's a lineup of their presenters & pundits, as if they're the most important aspect of the show. 

They filled lockdown with Lineker, Wright & Shearer doing their top 10s, which actually worked as a radio podcast but was never worthy of TV time.

Saturday and Sunday night's MOTD are too long, no matter how many games they have to show. I never watch them "live" instead recording them and fast forwarding through the unnecessary chat. 

• 1 month later...

I would just again like to reiterate my stance that was voiced before VAR was introduced and numerous times since its introduction - its absolutely destroying football. 

The whole penalty debacle at Old Trafford is just the latest in a long line of bewildering scenarios. 

12 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I would just again like to reiterate my stance that was voiced before VAR was introduced and numerous times since its introduction - its absolutely destroying football. 

The whole penalty debacle at Old Trafford is just the latest in a long line of bewildering scenarios. 

It was never a penalty, and giving penalties for nothing nonsense like that is what causes the problems, not the system.  In and of itself, VAR is fine, but coupled with insane rules, its a farce.  

It was never a penalty, and giving penalties for nothing nonsense like that is what causes the problems, not the system.  In and of itself, VAR is fine, but coupled with insane rules, its a farce.  

True, but VAR would have given St Mirren about 5 penalties this season, sorry 3, as 2 were against the bigot brothers

• 2 weeks later...

Ian Wright sporting atrocious white sport socks tonight. Absolutely abysmal nonce esque socks.

Very disappointed stuff from a man who is usually pretty decent in the sartorial stakes.

Edited by DA Baracus

How the f**k is Pickford a regular English Premier League player?! He isn't still starting for England is he?

Also, big fan of the Everton Macarena celebration.

Edited by DA Baracus

How the f**k is Pickford a regular English Premier League player?! He isn't still starting for England is he?
He clearly has incriminating photos of someone. No other reason why he's getting a game.

No seen any of the English fitba since before Covid came into our lives but I've stuck MOTD on tonight, that huge gap after scoring to the 'fans' 'celebrating'.  Twee pointless shite. 

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

He is the fifth most expensive goalkeeper ever  :lol:  Probably the one good bit of business Sunderland have done in 10 years.

He's never been a good goalkeeper, the media narrative that he's going through a "tough period" is absolute nonsense.

8 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

He clearly has incriminating photos of someone. No other reason why he's getting a game.

4 minutes ago, David W said:

He is the fifth most expensive goalkeeper ever  :lol:  Probably the one good bit of business Sunderland have done in 10 years.

He's never been a good goalkeeper, the media narrative that he's going through a "tough period" is absolute nonsense.

It's crazy. He's been responsible for almost half of all the goals Everton have conceded this season.

11 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
25 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:
Alan Shearer just said that Ollie Watkins made the best striker in the world look ordinary.
Lewandowski scored 4 today.

How did Shaw not get sent off? That was basically violent conduct.

It might be cynical but it was the only bit of defending Man Utd did today.

• 3 weeks later...