The MOTD Thread

King Kebab

3 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

The point was the use of the phrase "could of" which is becoming all too common among the illiterate these days.

And as for actually saying it......

ah, your concern is more about the grammar that is used rather than the substance of the debate. You could fill an A4 page every programme when Ian Wright or a lot of footballers/ex footballers utters something that is grammatically incorrect. They shift through the tenses whilst debating the same clip never mind anything else......

6 hours ago, Moses Supposes said:

I used to think Murphy was ok, but after his performance during the World Cup he's going to have do some hard work to get back in my good books -- he'll be sick with worry about it. 

Once I noticed he has one normal lug and one elephantine lug, I never notice  what he says :lol:

• 2 months later...

Cat on the pitch :lol:

I love stuff like that. What game was it a few years back when a fox ran on the pitch?

From the front the Everton manager resembles Roderick Strong. 

From the front the Wolves manager resembles Laurence Fishburne.

I hate Dyche so much. He just cries about the officials all the time. Shitebag stuff but the kind of stuff stupid fans buy which eventually leads to crap like VAR, which will ruin games.

Aye, refs do make mistakes, but they don't win/lose game for teams. Players who miss a sitter, don't make the right pass at the right time, overhit a pass, slip, let the ball bounce, underhit a backpass, don't make a clearance, lose the man they should be marking, don't make the right run, don't match the run of the guy they're marking, get skinned, make a stupid challenge to give away a free kick or penalty, don't have positional discipline, miss a through ball and so much more costs teams games.

Refs really have very little say over a game, unless it's a penalty which is the last kick of the ball, disallowing a goal which is one of the kicks of a ball or sending a guy off unfairly (although since it's seemingly harder to play against 10 men then maybe a ref sending a guy off is giving that team an advantage!).

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching last night's MOTD, right at the start, did presenter Manish just come out with some accidental brutal sexism?

"With me to offer wisdom and insight are Alex Scott and Matthew Upson. No pressure then Matt"

Eh? Why no pressure on Alex, coz she's a lassie? She's actually better than most of the pundits. 

Glad I watched this on iPlayer and started watching later on so I could skip through the punditry. I don't mind Keown, he's not great but he's not awful. Why the f**k they keep having Paul "I'm Great" Ince on though is a mystery. Maybe he was moaning about racism again but get Gullit, Hasselbaink or someone else who knows what they're talking about rather than that moron.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Glad I watched this on iPlayer and started watching later on so I could skip through the punditry. I don't mind Keown, he's not great but he's not awful. Why the f**k they keep having Paul "I'm Great" Ince on though is a mystery. Maybe he was moaning about racism again but get Gullit, Hasselbaink or someone else who knows what they're talking about rather than that moron.

Yep Ince is an absolute moron. His performance recently when it was clearly killing him to praise Solskjaer should have put an end to his TV appearances.  He offers absolutely nothing in terms of coherent analysis.  

Can't believe the commentator tried to blame Lloris entirely for Trippier's screamer. Both were at fault but stunk of total English bias. If it was a French international full back putting it by Jordan Pickford or Joe Hart it would be the fullback's fault.

• 2 weeks later...