Queens Park vs Ayr United

D'Jaffo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Gerry Mclauchlan and Gibson solid as a rock. Theyre not the most graceful on the ball but they're positional sense and ability to defend crosses is brilliant. 

Probably the most frustrating thing about tonight is we made Gerry McLaughlin look like a semi-competent defender. 

Not too disappointed we're out. Obviously it's a competition we should be going further in but I wasn't arsed when Montrose knocked us out last year and I'm even less bothered this year.

I think I would have enjoyed the game more had QP actually battered us and put a bit of excitement into the game but they sat off us and allowed us to pass the ball around without actually going anywhere with it. 

Just now, The Spider said:

That announcement genuinely got the biggest cheer of the night from the away support!

It was wholeheartedly meant from everyone of us.

Well done lads. What an organiser Gus is, that's us played Dumbarton, St Mirren, Killie and now Ayr in the cups and none of them have managed to open us up. Also managed to play four teenagers tonight, promoted from our youths. Future is looking bright :)

Ok so there wasn't anything too fancy to get excited about, but that again was a truly gritty performance with commendable performances throughout the team. We already know how valuable Gibby and Gerry are, but therein lies the problem. Both are injury prone and leave me dreading the outcome any time one of them goes to ground, so we learned nothing new about that pairing tonight, and at the risk of losing the game (and for the benefit of the league season ahead) I'd have preferred it if Gus had taken the opportunity to rest those two and give Nimmo and Foy a run-out. Still, musn't grumble. Bring on the Hamilton U-21s!

1 minute ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

If we can keep going with the shootouts I think we can win 0-0 all the way to the final.

Nice to have the Ayr fans in the pavillion again. Look forward to having you back in L1 next season again. ;)

I don't know which part is the most fanciful.

Woeful performance, too slow, no urgancy, too passive, tell you McCall won't be having any sleepless nights before Saturday about any of those guys who played tonight giving him a dilema for being in the team against Dundee.

Think it showed that a lot of the guys who played tonight were rusty due to a lack of games, thought McGuffie was one of the best players before he got taken off and by the time Forrest, Shankland and Crawford came on Queens had parked it for penalties. Give credit to them though because we should have still been able to break them down but we never looked like doing it and they're through so well done.

Even though it's a mickey mouse cup it's still no excuse for that bad a performance tonight, looked as if the players nor McCall were overly bothered about winning. 

Woeful performance, too slow, no urgancy, too passive, tell you McCall won't be having any sleepless nights before Saturday about any of those guys who played tonight giving him a dilema for being in the team against Dundee.
Think it showed that a lot of the guys who played tonight were rusty due to a lack of games, thought McGuffie was one of the best players before he got taken off and by the time Forrest, Shankland and Crawford came on Queens had parked it for penalties. Give credit to them though because we should have still been able to break them down but we never looked like doing it and they're through so well done.
Even though it's a mickey mouse cup it's still no excuse for that bad a performance tonight, looked as if the players nor McCall were overly bothered about winning. 

It is an excuse - it’s an utter shambles of a competition. If given the option I wouldn’t even want us to take part in it.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

It is an excuse - it’s an utter shambles of a competition. If given the option I wouldn’t even want us to take part in it.

That's true and i do agree that this cup needs put in the bin or severley revamped, how i don't know but it's the fact quite a big backing (including myself) went up there tonight and you'd hope the team actually wanted to win and put in a performace, however that was severley questionable which is the thing that makes it slightly frustrating.

That's true and i do agree that this cup needs put in the bin or severley revamped, how i don't know but it's the fact quite a big backing (including myself) went up there tonight and you'd hope the team actually wanted to win and put in a performace, however that was severley questionable which is the thing that makes it slightly frustrating.

There’s a few ways you can revamp it.

Either make it the way it was where it was a national cup or as someone said on Facebook bring back the Anglo Scottish Cup.

This having colt teams and teams from other countries play in it is utter nonsense. How many times has a colt team beaten a senior team in the tournament??

I’ve praised the authorities for the League Cup revamp with the group stages as I think it’s much more enjoyable but they’ve made a mess of the Challenge Cup.

Archived